Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Do you believe humanity will reach the year 3000?

[ QUOTE ]
once jesus comes back isn't there like a thousand year reign on earth or something? that would seem to me that if you bible believer you would be sure that we *would* make it to 3000.

You have your facts confused...that's after Satan & his demons are let loose on the Earth. The vast majority of the people on the Earth will perish during this time. Folks like me & NotReady will be long gone by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the human race will still be around which is what this thread is about, right?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What conditions?? God offered a pardon to anyone willing to accept it in his only begotten son, Jesus Christ. Good works won't cut it. Giving to charity won't cut it. Just going to church won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, duh, THOSE conditions.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
once jesus comes back isn't there like a thousand year reign on earth or something? that would seem to me that if you bible believer you would be sure that we *would* make it to 3000.

You have your facts confused...that's after Satan & his demons are let loose on the Earth. The vast majority of the people on the Earth will perish during this time. Folks like me & NotReady will be long gone by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the human race will still be around which is what this thread is about, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, technically, I suppose if one person lives to tell about it...then yes.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Robots will take over the world within the next 500 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Ray Kurzweil is correct, cybernetically enhanced humans will be in control by the end of this century.

Resistance is futile. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What conditions?? God offered a pardon to anyone willing to accept it in his only begotten son, Jesus Christ. Good works won't cut it. Giving to charity won't cut it. Just going to church won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are not conditions. Look up John 6: 28-29

There's only 1 condition...those are works....there's a BIG difference.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are not conditions. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir,

"God offered a pardon to anyone willing to accept it in his only begotten son, Jesus Christ."

That is a condition.

If you do something I disagree with, I can forgive you with no condition. You don't have to accept it through me or anybody. My forgiveness has no condition in that it requires no action on your part. In fact, you don't even need to be aware that I forgave you in order for me to forgive you. But if you must "accept" this forgiveness through some intermediary who you must confess as your savior, then there is a condition to my forgiveness.

To deny this is to put a new meaning on the word "unconditional". Let's try to speak the same language here.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good works won't cut it.

Fall down on your knees and worshhip me or your screwed, eh. Your god is pure, unadulterated evil if being good isn't good enough.

What a bunch of arrogant, condescending morons you bible-thumpers are. Being a good person really doesn't matter. The only thing that counts is being a toady. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%. I find by simple logic that religion is more likely an attempt to explain the unknown.

It makes no logical sense for an all powerful and loving being to create a world with life only to condemn those who dont believe in him/her/it. Not to mention the fact that little evidence actually exists outside of the bible that Jesus Christ is the son of "God". The mere idea of "free will" and faith lead me to believe that this originates from centuries ago when church and state were combined. If you didnt believe, then you were tortured/killed. I would believe anything if that was to be my fate.

EDIT - Do squirrels, birds, fish, bacteria, etc go to heaven also? They are life just like we are but lack the intelligence to do anything about their beliefs.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good works won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works .

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works .
Old 08-06-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good works won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works .

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works .

[/ QUOTE ]

You're taking this out of context. Yes, you will be judged for your actions (i.e. works). Everyone will. You CAN NOT & WILL NOT be admitted into the kingdom of heaven without Jesus Christ. As I keep saying...being a "good boy" won't get you admitted. What is so hard to understand about that?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good works won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're taking this out of context. Yes, you will be judged for your actions (i.e. works). Everyone will. You CAN NOT & WILL NOT be admitted into the kingdom of heaven without Jesus Christ. As I keep saying...being a "good boy" won't get you admitted. What is so hard to understand about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those words are actually quite clear and easy to understand.

They are the words of a small, petty, arrogant fool. A conqueror who needs to prop up his ego by the forced obeisance of the people over whom he lords via fear and intimidation.

A good and loving God would never place such a condition on salvation. Thus, the God you cite, if it indeed exists, is a force of evil.

Were that being to truly exist, I would proudly stand with his enemies.