Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Beat: My roommates are up $2.6M in 6 weeks and I work a 9-5

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get this, why guys who made 2.6Milj. in poker, are sharing appartment? Is dollar really that weak?

PEV

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like they're 35. They're young 20 something's who happen to be good at poker and have made an assload of money, but haven't forgotten that life's about camaraderie and experiencing shtt with your friends at this age
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM

sitting in your huge mansion by yourself clicking a mouse all day is <<<<<< then sitting in a sick apartment clicking a mouse with your homieS
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get this, why guys who made 2.6Milj. in poker, are sharing appartment? Is dollar really that weak?

PEV

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like they're 35. They're young 20 something's who happen to be good at poker and have made an assload of money, but haven't forgotten that life's about camaraderie and experiencing shtt with your friends at this age

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

25 and living with dudes when you are a millionaire = "must be a pretty cool guy"
35 and living with dudes when you are a millionaire = "gay"

????

let me help you out:

living with a man when you have the money to be living with a rotating cast of half a dozen female groupies = gay
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM

It's a lot easier to hang out when you have to walk 10 feet to your friends room than when you have to spend 30 minutes going to his/her apartment. I think people forget that just because people live together doesn't mean they are living in some studio apartment taking turns with you gets the bed.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 PM

well i am just busting their balls obviously. honestly i don't get it though, i guess i am just an independent person who doesn't have to see all of his closest friends everyday just to get through the day. i think a lot people spend 4-6 years in college living in typical college situations where they are basically never alone and it takes them awhile to transition into being able to go to starbucks without calling up 4 friends.

like another poster suggested, this probably wasn't as prevalent with older generations, but i wouldn't know.

EDIT: it is a little gay though right? at least on a Freudian level you are signaling that you prefer the company of men.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 AM

J-Mac for mod!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

let me help you out:

living with a man when you have the money to be living with a rotating cast of half a dozen female groupies = gay

[/ QUOTE ]
You're forgetting the "nerdy" nature of most online poker players. These guys are probably nerds who spent countless hours on the computer playing poker, having no social life, and now they have the money and are living their dream of being "balla" by spending lots of money (like most nerdy online poker whizz kids who made it big). Before their money they probably never had many friends to begin with so they are afraid of being alone.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

let me help you out:

[/ QUOTE ]
You're forgetting the "nerdy" nature of most online poker players. These guys are probably nerds who spent countless hours on the computer playing poker, having no social life, and now they have the money and are living their dream of being "balla" by spending lots of money (like most nerdy online poker whizz kids who made it big). Before their money they probably never had many friends to begin with so they are afraid of being alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

get the F out of bbv WE ONLY HAVE LOVE FOR THE WAKE UP EMIL CREW AROUND HERE
Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

let me help you out:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lllllooolllllllll

wow.....a little insecure there, buddy?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

let me help you out:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea it's so easy to make a social network when your job is sitting in front of a computer totally alone

and it's not at all isolating to also be making more than 99.99% of your peers

god people are [censored] retards