Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: FTP transfers unrelated to poker playing got you blocked

If anything can be learned from this and the countless other threads of the same nature it's that becoming a mass p2p transferer is a bad idea, regardless of how legitimate the transfers are.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM

limit - I think that not scamming FT in the least and THEN actually scamming them so that they try to lock-up all your money permanently is an insanely bad idea.

I'm not even worried about kyleb taking you up on your suggestion because he's smart enough to see how dumb this idea is.

I'm more concerned with your occasional advocacy of such tactics on this message-board perhaps swaying someone more easily influenced.

We don't run-around on 2+2 telling people to grab chips off of someone else's stack when playing live or giving instructions on how easy it is to collude with 3 or 4 friends via AIM or something.
And similarly I don't believe we should allow posts that advocate charge-backs.
No matter how justified you might think it is it just isn't a good idea.

And in kyleb's situation it seems like a REALLY bad idea. Because no matter how slow FT is on this there's obviously the very real chance that everything will work out just fine-and-dandy in the end and kyleb will eventually get his money back.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM

I doubt that transfers so someone can go bet sports on some other website or at a local bookie are allowed ?

Is that your concern ?

(I am not a FTP rep and have no direct knowledge, but it stands to reason.)
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM

Attention Full Tilt Poker:

After reading this thread, <font color="red">I will never play on your site again</font>.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

DrewDevil
Old 07-11-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that transfers so someone can go bet sports on some other website or at a local bookie are allowed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was only one of many reasons I used FTP to transfer funds - also realize that I cleared this with them beforehand.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

Everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I am obviously not going to chargeback anything to FTP, nor could I, since I never used a credit card there.

I fully understand that these investigations can take a few days, even a week or so, but the time is not the issue - the lack of communication is. They refuse to answer my emails for no real reasons despite the fact that I have done everything they've asked of me.

Like someone said, it's a fundamental lack of respect for the customer. I am in touch with FTPDoug, so we'll see if that speeds anything up.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Teddy tell me how is this a felony ??
If you truely didn't break any of their terms and condiotions and still decide to keep your money, they are the ones committing felony, that is the reason chargebacks exist so you as a customer are protected against companies doing anything, even if he did break any terms and conditions, it is absolutely illegal for Full Tilt to accept his deposit according to US law right now.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM

His situation might work out, but think about hundreds if not thousand people who are not part of 2+2 and have no way of contacting FTP Doug or shawn. I know 2 or 3 people at least that come to my mind whose accounts got locked, and they never got their money back from Full Tilt, neither one did anything about it, because their amounts were trivial, at least to them, all less than 1k, but still they didn't do anything wrong. They never even got a clear explanation why their account got locked, just saying that somehow they were connected to a fraudulent account. I can find out a more detailed story but that is all I know for now.

Another thing few years back my friend transferred me $ 300 on Eurobet, that was the only time I ever played on there, I ran it up to 2k, and tried to cash it out, they closed my account and I never got my money, the only explanation I got is that I DUMPED chips to someone, note not dumped to me, but I DUMPED chips. No recourse whatsoever just out of 2k, another time when partypoker went down I had 6k in my account about 4200 was from deposits, I used to play a lot on party when they were around, right before they pulled out, they locked my account and took all the money, saying that chips were dumped to me, when they were not. I contacted my bank and explained the whole situation, and they advised me that if Party refuses to pay me I should file a dipsute, those deposits were done by IGM Pay so it was not a chargeback but a ACH dispute. Still out of $ 1800 that I won fair and square from others. Note I disputed party transactions after 3 or 4 times they confirmed that I won't get my money back

Now you tell me if another similar situation arises I should stand and watch them take my money, knowing later there will be no recourse.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His situation might work out, but think about hundreds if not thousand people who are not part of 2+2 and have no way of contacting FTP Doug or shawn. I know 2 or 3 people at least that come to my mind whose accounts got locked, and they never got their money back from Full Tilt, neither one did anything about it, because their amounts were trivial, at least to them, all less than 1k, but still they didn't do anything wrong. They never even got a clear explanation why their account got locked, just saying that somehow they were connected to a fraudulent account. I can find out a more detailed story but that is all I know for now.

Another thing few years back my friend transferred me $ 300 on Eurobet, that was the only time I ever played on there, I ran it up to 2k, and tried to cash it out, they closed my account and I never got my money, the only explanation I got is that I DUMPED chips to someone, note not dumped to me, but I DUMPED chips. No recourse whatsoever just out of 2k, another time when partypoker went down I had 6k in my account about 4200 was from deposits, I used to play a lot on party when they were around, right before they pulled out, they locked my account and took all the money, saying that chips were dumped to me, when they were not. I contacted my bank and explained the whole situation, and they advised me that if Party refuses to pay me I should file a dipsute, those deposits were done by IGM Pay so it was not a chargeback but a ACH dispute. Still out of $ 1800 that I won fair and square from others. Note I disputed party transactions after 3 or 4 times they confirmed that I won't get my money back

Now you tell me if another similar situation arises I should stand and watch them take my money, knowing later there will be no recourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I dont understand is why is it only YOU having all these problems that require you to have to chargeback? Seems very fishy that you are innocent according to you.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Theres a good chance you broke the United States law and now that is out in the open you will never get any money back. Full Tilt may be in contact with their lawyers on how to proceed from here.

They may be forced to report these activities to the proper authorities.

I want things to work out for you Kyle but I think you should take this into consideration.
Closed Thread