Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Open relationships

Love, like "I've fallen madly in love with this woman" and love like "I love my children" shouldn't even involve the same word.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Misst,

Could you live with the guy (I guess we'll call him the main guy) and still date/sex other guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't answer this as it won't get that far at this time. I have a 14 year old and will not commit to a man by living with him or getting married until she's out of the house and in college.

T
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
misst,

How do you feel about your man having sex with several different women in between the times you get to see each other?

As for myself, I'll echo guids' revised statement.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the expected protection is used, I'm fine with it.

T
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this something you would continue doing if you decided that you wanted to a serious relationship w/this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that if it got really serious, like marriage serious, then no. But then again, I don't know if I can really answer that as I have NO plans on getting serious.

T
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM

LOL, you guys are amusing. At least I get to laugh while I'm posting in this thread. I know the ration of female to males is pretty bad here, but aren't there any guys that can respond to this thread in the affirmative which takes the heat off of me? LOL

T
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lets just say I doubt very many men would want to be in an open relationship with a 10

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how correct this is. If the perspective is that they wouldn't want their girl sleeping with other dudes, then it wouldn't matter if she was a 10 or a 7, she could get laid as often as she would like. If the idea is that she is so hot, he couldn't get enough of her and wouldn't want any other women; this is also incorrect.

It doesn't matter how hot a girl is, there is some dude who is tired of bangin her (and would be happy to bang someone else - just for variety).
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

Why do you guys ask the question if you're not willing to accept an answer? It seems more to me like people seeking excuses to "accept" a lifestyle that intrigues them, while still maintaining a puritanical image of chastity. Seriously, we've come many hundreds (thousands) of years since some uppity jerks decided that sex was a vile and dirty act, and those who participated in it were somehow of lesser moral fiber than those who so wisely ignored their more base instincts...

The jealosy is what is ingrained into us, not the promiscuity. All of us are born promiscuous, we are later conditioned through peer acceptance that it's ok to shun people for this particular "character flaw." The word "[censored]" is an acceptable insult for those women you classify as having a less stringent moral code. In fact, it's all an illusion.

We should all be pretty aware of the fact that no matter what a person's sexual choices are, it doesn't have any bearing at all on their personal moral fiber. At least we should be aware of it by now, but amazingly, we aren't.

Anyway, my wife and I are swingers and love the lifestyle. We know well enough that the two of us love one another completely, but we also like to have fun with others. We are both mature enough to understand that these others are just for sex and our extra-marital partners know that as well. We hang out with these people much like many of you might do for a dinner date and sometimes other things happen, sometimes they don't, but we know that if things go that direction, we don't have limits. However, all of the couples we meet up with are screened pretty rigorously. Any couple who seems emotionally unstable, who might get emotionally attached, dramatic, or whatever is out. We both have to agree to play, and we only play together to avoid any bruised emotions.

I wonder why it is that the opinions of some were offered here saying they would never be with a woman who would allow them such freedom. Were those opinions solicited? Were they important to anything besides proving your own moral fiber? The solicitation was for people to discuss their own experiences with this sort of practice, not to bash someone for offering her own experience.

Follow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the ration of female to males is pretty bad here, but aren't there any guys that can respond to this thread in the affirmative which takes the heat off of me? LOL

T

[/ QUOTE ]

This arrangement is almost always a bad deal for the dude unless the dude is a 10 and the chick is lower than a 4.5. Thus very few dudes will acknowledge being in an open relationship.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know the ration of female to males is pretty bad here, but aren't there any guys that can respond to this thread in the affirmative which takes the heat off of me? LOL

T

[/ QUOTE ]

This arrangement is almost always a bad deal for the dude unless the dude is a 10 and the chick is lower than a 4.5. Thus very few dudes will acknowledge being in an open relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

This makes no sense to me. It's a good deal for the dude whenever his desire to sex other people is stronger than his jealousy. I see no reason why this would intrinsically be more favorable to women than men.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM

iggy - don't take me too seriously in this thread.