Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Politics Forum Split

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it so hard for you loonies to understand that this is because you've driven the sane people away?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are sane people that talk on teh internets?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it so hard for you loonies to understand that this is because you've driven the sane people away?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask anyone. It's always the *other* guy who is the nutcase/retard/[censored].
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 AM

All, I know Ryan has weighed in on this before, and Politics isn't going to be split. I agree with the decision.

Since Politics is tangential to 2+2, we have to consider the rest of the site. To be honest, while I appreciate Mat giving us our little corner, it seems silly to devote multiple forums to politics on a poker site.

Also, I think the sum of the two types of discussion is greater than its parts. The interesting part of current events is applying theory to find solutions to problems. Otherwise, current events threads become "OMG, Bush is the suxors". As for anti-hijacking rules, what you guys call hijacking I call an ACist offering his solution to whatever issue the OP was taking about. Also, most medium to long threads on this site get hijacked to one degree or another, you guys just notice the ACists more because AC is a radical philosophy. I could make a rule barring "AC hijacks", but besides what I've mentioned, its just wrong to discriminate by ideology.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another Idea is just having one thread that all the Acists could post in to their hearts delight (since politics is such a low traffic forum afterall), and freeing up the rest of the forum for discussion of current political events that is actually interesting. Just an idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, worked out well last time.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another Idea is just having one thread that all the Acists could post in to their hearts delight (since politics is such a low traffic forum afterall), and freeing up the rest of the forum for discussion of current political events that is actually interesting. Just an idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got some positive feedback from people who weren't far-right loonies like you [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 PM

This is really silly. Part of the reason that AC discussion always get out of hand is because of the responses of other posters to AC posters. The problems usually come from the people they are arguing with, if no one ever responded to the AC posters people dislike would this be a problem? The reason that AC influence has grown is because it is a convincing viewpoint, and it really pisses off AC opponents that it has been successful and more and more posters are posting along those lines.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM

It's a politics forum on the internets. Things are going to get heated as ideas clash. Politics is working fine imo. But to be honest, I've never seen an AC'ist start an unprovoked personal attack, someone feel free to point one out to me.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got some positive feedback from people

[/ QUOTE ]
lololol. Perhaps you should re-read the threads discussing this. Tons of non-ACists said it was about the dumbest thing you could do. But I'll suppose you'll ignore this fact just how you've mysteriously vanished from 2 other AtF threads when shown how wrong you are.
[ QUOTE ]
who weren't far-right loonies like you [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Still don't understand the theory you hate so much hmm? Not suprised. You were probably too busy accusing random people of anti-sematism. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, current events threads become "OMG, Bush is the suxors".

[/ QUOTE ]
I only remember from 1/05, but a great many threads back then did follow this pattern with replies of "No wai, he's teh gr8est!" (myself included in the latter group [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

But really, the politics forum can be what you want it to. If you want to see more current events threads, then start more. Just don't whine when the thread only has 2 replies while the "theory" threads have hundreds.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what if every time you posted a poker hand question

"KK gets check raised on a scary flop, what's my play"

50 people responded

"Poker is gambling and gambling is evil and should be stopped"

[/ QUOTE ]
If that actually happened, I can't imagine my response being to petition for a new "gambling is evil" forum.
Closed Thread