Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

As I sit here very sore and terribly hung over. I came to a realization. I don't have to follow the rest day outline in the article. Yes, it will slow my progress. But there are things that must be done in my life. Like getting shammered and oogling women. And a trip out of town next week is gonna eff up my schedule too. Holla!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Monday August 6th

Pull ups
18x1x25

B1 Zottman Curls - 25s
B2 Lying DB Tricep Ext. - 25s
Reps: 40

Notes: Up weight on pullups and continue with other. Going out of town for a few days. We'll see how rest days work into the situation.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM

Snatch Grip Deads
1x3x135
1x3x185
5x2x240

A1: Leg Curls - 100
A2: Reverse Trunk Twists - BW
Reps: 60

Notes: Good time.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Note: I was unracking the bar far too high for my Push Presses and it put mad strain on my shoulders. So uhh... Watch that ish.

Push Press
12x145

B1: T-Bar Row - 90
B2: Hammer Curls - 25s
Reps: 47

Aside: Weight on T-Bar Rows will go up next week. I'm using like a 45 degree back position and trying to get full ROM. But around the same time the weight hits my chest, I get the bar tickling my nuts. It is somewhat disconcerting. Am I doing this wrong. Should I use more trunk flexion to prevent this?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
around the same time the weight hits my chest, I get the bar tickling my nuts. It is somewhat disconcerting. Am I doing this wrong. Should I use more trunk flexion to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shift my weight a bit forward (balls of my feet) to avoid the dreaded nuttickler. It changes the angle of your pull a little, but you can pull without fear!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:39 PM

I cut my hand. Somehow open wounds + high blood pressure = lots of blood. Will need to look into this further. I've decided that you will eventually get numb to the hot trash taste of hydrolyzed whey. I don't mind it anymore. Though I'm sure its still disgusting. On a plus side. I'm like 175.5 and not terribly fat.

Monday August 13th
A1: Zercher Squat 5x3x195
A2: Back Squat 1x5x195

B1: Hanging Leg Raises - BW
B2: Back Extension - 25
Reps: 50

Notes: Felt very good. Might raise weight on back extensions in addition to squats next week. Hip hurt between sets but was able to get v low and grind them out.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 PM

August 14th

Pullups - 30
1x13

Zottman Curls - 25s
Lying DB Tricep Ext - 25s
Reps: 75

Notes: Weight to go up on B1/B2 next week. Lying DB are easier now that I got the hang of the movement. Seems to be more like a bent arm pullover with a limited ROM. Also you need some core work in there for stability. So not a bad selection IMO. I'm trying to use full ROM for pullups. Last few last week didn't really clear bar totally. This week was just .5-2 inches short on the last couple. Trying to keep them totally dead hang.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

My hammies are feeling a little tight from the Squats still. Busto. Workout will be pushed till tomorrow. More Snatch Grip deads FTW. I'm debating on 250 or 255. Fek it. 255. If I miss a rep, I miss.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My hammies are feeling a little tight from the Squats still. Busto. Workout will be pushed till tomorrow. More Snatch Grip deads FTW. I'm debating on 250 or 255. Fek it. 255. If I miss a rep, I miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lie. I went and worked out.

Went to over/under grip and did 5x2x255. Hands tingled afterwards. Interesting. Swapped the EDT part for some random upper body exercises. My hammies are still shot.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 AM

Had a pretty crappy workout.

Upped weight to 100 on T-bar rows and grinded out 48 reps. Will up weight on push press. Having trouble with warm up in that. Will see how that goes.

I realized I drink a ton. Oops. Too late now. For example I was considering not drinking for a week as a way to show that I can stop. But then I reflected that I was going out tomorrow night for drinks with random girl and then to a beer festival on Sat. Maybe I can keep it under <10 for the week? Even that seems hard. Gah.