Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you could even start to put a figure of how many PTBB/100 both PT and PAHUD are worth to the serious player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be devils advocate... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] In a way the gains might have been negated by the fact that opponents can play many more tables thus exploit the fish much quicker. Fish who lose without experiencing any positive variance are not very likely to keep coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I do think they are a good think for online poker and I'm sure I've benefited from them, but I do wonder if they have accelerated the toughening of the games over the last few years.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) Not sure about the pricing model - I don't really like subscription fees for a "stand alone" product. I'll need to work this out and maybe even put it out to a poll if I can't decide!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should charge $100 for the product, 1st year of updates included, then $20/yr for "upgrades." (Replace the numbers with you own figures.) I want to reward you for the product, and then I want to make sure you have the incentive to continue to upgrade/update the software. For a lot of people, no incentives = no upgrades.

Kudos to PokerTracker for faithfully updating/upgrading their software, quickly, on a continuing basis. They must spend a fair amount of time and effort FOR FREE. (I don't pay them anything)

I hate the monthly subscription model, like SixthSense.

Just my $.02 worth.

------------Meow
Old 06-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Properly adjusted sklansky bucks stuff either in PokerEv or this is going to be awesome too. Being able to say here is what I won is one thing. But here is an adjusted figure that is really should have won can lead to whole new dimensional when it comes to analysis of somebodies play.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you could even start to put a figure of how many PTBB/100 both PT and PAHUD are worth to the serious player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be devils advocate... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] In a way the gains might have been negated by the fact that opponents can play many more tables thus exploit the fish much quicker. Fish who lose without experiencing any positive variance are not very likely to keep coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I do think they are a good think for online poker and I'm sure I've benefited from them, but I do wonder if they have accelerated the toughening of the games over the last few years.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely no question they have directly made the games tougher! HM will probably make them tougher still but I think good thinking players are the ones who will get the most benefit from it and that's the way it should be.

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks awesome Roy. Can't wait to use it.

Not sure if this is a "duh" question, but will it be possible to import postgresql databases from Pokertracker if we haven't saved the original hhf's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, unfortunately not... I guess an analogy would be, imgine you have a 10 megapixel image (ie the original hand history) and then you convert it to grey scale, drop it down to 800x600 and save it as a gif. No matter what you do you can't bring it back to that 10 megapixel image.

If I imported from the PT database structure without hand histories there would be way too much data missing which would make most of the stats misleading and in most cases outright wrong...

So, save your hand histories!!!

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Will I be able to export from PT to file and into your tool for hands that save the files (i.e. all played hands, I think default is store histories for played, not for observed in PT).
Old 06-27-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks awesome Roy. Can't wait to use it.

Not sure if this is a "duh" question, but will it be possible to import postgresql databases from Pokertracker if we haven't saved the original hhf's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, unfortunately not... I guess an analogy would be, imgine you have a 10 megapixel image (ie the original hand history) and then you convert it to grey scale, drop it down to 800x600 and save it as a gif. No matter what you do you can't bring it back to that 10 megapixel image.

If I imported from the PT database structure without hand histories there would be way too much data missing which would make most of the stats misleading and in most cases outright wrong...

So, save your hand histories!!!

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Will I be able to export from PT to file and into your tool for hands that save the files (i.e. all played hands, I think default is store histories for played, not for observed in PT).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - any hand histories you can export will be read by Holdem Manager. I'll probably automate this process ta hev it read the PT database hand histories in the import but not sure if it will be ready for beta launch.

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 05:34 PM

When will this program be available?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:45 PM

no subscription. one time fee is the best, you can always have a small charge later for a major upgrade.

also, please consider at least adding ev adjusted winnings for allin situations. thats only one small part of pokerev and will probably end up in the free version anyway, it would just be nice to be able to use that information together with the other features of your program.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When will this program be available?

[/ QUOTE ]

Public beta for Manager is July 15th. It is functional right now but I just need a couple of weeks to clean things up, fix some parsing errors on some hand histories, work on documentation and setup and get the HUD private beta ready etc.

I've had some people with great credentials offer to do some testing before that date but I've had to say no since the private beta group has been finalized for a while.

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no subscription. one time fee is the best, you can always have a small charge later for a major upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably the approach that I will take.

[ QUOTE ]
also, please consider at least adding ev adjusted winnings for allin situations. thats only one small part of pokerev and will probably end up in the free version anyway, it would just be nice to be able to use that information together with the other features of your program.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be All-in EV in Holdem Manager - only thing I am not sure about is if I will be doing it or if PokerEV's free version will do it.

rvg