Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Event #39 - 50K HORSE

Hellmuth is indeed in and busy being Hellmuth:

[ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth and Even Money
Razz:

Phil Hellmuth x-x--x
Pat Pezzin x-x--x

They check fifth street. On sixth street, Hellmuth bets. "You gotta go for it. I checked on fifth street." Pezzin indeed calls. On seventh street, Hellmuth bets and is called. Hellmuth shows A-3-K for A-2-3-6-8. Pezzin shows A-4-6 for A-4-6-7-8. "I was even money when I bet there," Hellmuth says of seventh street.
"I don't know what that means," Pezzin says.
"In the games I play, when I say 'I'm even money,' everybody knows what I mean," says Hellmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]
(for the record, I hate that they report the Razz hands backwards).
Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 AM

Hellmuth is sitting in 6th place in chips at the moment.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:39 AM

2p2 players still in:

Barry Greenstein
Matt Hawrilenko
Darrell Dicken
Huck Seed
Greg Raymer
Justin Bonomo
David Sklansky
Bill Chen
Bart Hanson
Ariel Schneller
Brandon Adams
Old 06-25-2007, 04:56 AM

Elezra has a nice stack, good job.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 AM

On WSOP.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:56:03
Hellmuth vs. Benyamine
Stud High: David Benyamine xxAJ48 rainbow Phil Hellmuth xx3JA7 On fourth street, Benyamine bets and Hellmuth raises. Benyamine calls. On fifth street, Benyamine checks. "I take this one, you take the next one," Hellmuth mutters. Hellmuth bets and Benyamine calls. On sixth street, both check. "Aww, I figured you had eights in the pocket," Hellmuth says when the eight shows up for Benyamine. On seventh street, Benyamine bets and is called. Benyamine shows for two pair and Hellmuth mucks. Hellmuth is down to 156,800.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 AM

From an update yesterday...

[ QUOTE ]
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:42:51
Poker History Might Have Been Different...
At Phil Ivey, Mike Sexton, and Todd Brunson's table there are two players who could share stories about coming so close to winning the big one... not once but twice each. Dewey Tomko and TJ Cloutier have been runner-ups in the WSOP Main Event on two different instances. Dewey Tomko lost heads-up to Jack Strauss in 1982. Dewey will tell you the story about how all the money was in the pot. Dewey held A-4 and flopped a four against Strauss' A-10. His friends and reporters surrounded him. Some were shaking his hand when the dealer put out the final card. The 10 spiked on the river to give Strauss the victory. At the 2001 WSOP Main Event, Tomko had A-A and was all in against Carlos Mortensen's . Mortensen filled in his club flush to take down the championship. For the second time inside of twenty years. Dewey Tomko headed to the rail in second place. Tomko is considered one of the nicest guys in poker and beloved by his friends. He's admitted that he's lived a great life and has earned a living as a gambler in poker, sports betting, and on the golf course. T.J. Cloutier is considered the best player never to have won the WSOP main event with over 59 major tournament victories. He took second place in 1985 when he lost to Bill Smith. He also finished in second place in 2000, the year that Jesus Ferguson won. Cloutier held A-Q and was all in against Ferguson's A-9. History could have been different if a 9 did not spike on the river. It did and Ferguson won the championship as Cloutier finished in second place once again. Although TJ Cloutier and Dewey Tomko have never won the big one, they have the hearts and minds set on winning the $50K HORSE event.

[/ QUOTE ]

really?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T.J. Cloutier was once considered the best player never to have won the WSOP main event before he gave up all hope and headed for the craps tables!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM

127 Players left.
Average stack has 23 big bets.

Day 1 of the 2006 50k HORSE event lasted 13 hours long, and lost 16 players. (on average, player busted every 49 minutes)

Day 1 of the 2007 50k HORSE event lasted 9 hours long, and lost 21 players. (on average, player busted every 28 minutes)

Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: FWF still alive

Pokernews:
Ariel Schneller survives with a miracle river

Holding A2 Ariel moved his last chips in on a K22 flop.
John D'agostino made the call with KJ
The turn spelled disaster for Ariel when J Dags caught a K but the river was the case 2 and Ariel made quads

ps. Brandon Adams eliminated a while ago
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: FWF still alive

is aba20 playing this?