Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Hilarious observation to note re: high stakes games

At Venitian I have negotiated a $2 PP/HH when I spread 100-200+ for them. It was a total of 8 dollars an hour for BicycleKick and I to play at the Venitian HU. God I love the Venitian and they also went off property to get me some pepsi as all they have is coke. =)

-MrGatorade (Crazy Mike)
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Hilarious observation to note re: high stakes games

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, $200k pot and only 50 cent rake!!!! Wow, they take more rake than that in low stakes games!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sometimes it's a little more as described in this stupid old story.

A story partially untold was the eTable's at Hollywood Park taking $4 + $1 jackpot drop in a 1/2 NL game after a single limper with no action post flop (i.e. a flop bet took down an empty pot). The goofy/best part was they disquised the fact they drop everything on the flop by postponing the graphical representation of the full drop until the turn.

But perhaps the best sick drop of all could be found a few years back at Commerce. Let's say you open raise in 3/6 limit holdem game and the blinds fold. The Commerce dropped the full $3 regular house drop plus $1 jackpot drop (i.e., the entire posted blinds). The open raiser gets his money back.

The good thing about sick drops at California low limits it that they sort of nit-proof the games.

~ Rick