Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: THE ALAN SASS chip leader WSOP #30 $2500 6M FINAL TABLE

GOD BLESS AMERICA STTF RUNS SO BAD AT WSOP FINAL TABLES [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

grats on the monies but that's just rediculous
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM

Congrats man, well deserved.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats man, well deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #56 - Alan Sass Eliminated in 4th Place ($132,471)
Hand #56 - Alan Sass has the button in seat 2, he raises, Corkins moves all in from the big blind, and Sass calls with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Corkins shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Sass is a big favorite to double up here.

The flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Corkins picks up an open-ended straight draw and a lot of extra outs. The turn card is the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Corkins needs a six, a ten, or a jack to win the pot.

The river card is -- the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Corkins spikes a ten on the river to win the pot with two pair, aces and tens.

Alan Sass is eliminated in fourth place, earning $132,471. The next player eliminated will receive $196,758 for third place.

-----

Wait, was this on FullTilt? Seriously though, congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

what they didnt mention.. was that alan raised at 10k-20k to 55k, and hoyt moved all in for ~950k effective.. soooo.. 47.5x the bb.. nice play hoyt? yeah, hes an AWESOME tournament 'professional'. it just amazes me how these ppl can be considered heroes of poker. i almost tried to get a cardplayer interview and open challenge him to any stakes HU NL. ugh i hate him.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 PM

I'm starting to think that the best tournament poker player in the world has about the same chance of having a winning decade - as the best SNG player in the world has of having a winning day. Like 65-70% or so.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #56 - Alan Sass has the button in seat 2, he raises, Corkins moves all in from the big blind, and Sass calls with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Corkins shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Sass is a big favorite to double up here.

The flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Corkins picks up an open-ended straight draw and a lot of extra outs. The turn card is the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Corkins needs a six, a ten, or a jack to win the pot.

The river card is -- the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Corkins spikes a ten on the river to win the pot with two pair, aces and tens.

Alan Sass is eliminated in fourth place, earning $132,471. The next player eliminated will receive $196,758 for third place.

-----

[/ QUOTE ]

what they didnt mention.. was that alan raised at 10k-20k to 55k, and hoyt moved all in for ~950k effective.. soooo.. 47.5x the bb.. nice play hoyt? yeah, hes an AWESOME tournament 'professional'. it just amazes me how these ppl can be considered heroes of poker. i almost tried to get a cardplayer interview and open challenge him to any stakes HU NL. ugh i hate him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Expect Allan Sass to play perfectly against someone trying to pwn with a big stack using a strategy suited to pwning people who don't realize they're getting pwned and not people who know how to pwn people trying to pwn them with a sub-optimal pwning strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. gg Hoyt... or something. Allan Sass is our hero.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Well deserved win Hoyt.

and #83 - Hoyt Corkins Wins Event #30 ($515,065)

Hand #83 - Terrence Chan has the button, he raises, Corkins moves all in, and Chan thinks for a few minutes before he calls with {A-Diamonds}{4-Diamonds}. Corkins shows {K-Diamonds}{10-Spades}, and Chan will need his hand to hold up to stay alive.

The flop comes {9-Spades}{8-Diamonds}{8-Hearts}, and Chan retains the lead.

The turn card is the -- {K-Clubs}! Corkins turns a pair of kings to take the lead, and Chan needs an ace on the river to survive.

The river card is the {6-Spades}, and Hoyt Corkins wins the hand -- and the bracelet -- with two pair, kings and eights.

Terrence Chan is eliminated in second place, earning $287,345.

Hoyt Corkins wins Event #30 ($2,500 No-Limit Hold'em 6-Handed), earning $515,065, a Corum watch, and the second WSOP bracelet of his career. Corkins won his first bracelet 15 years ago (1992) in $5,000 pot-limit Omaha -- that's a long time to go between bracelets. Of course, Corkins has done quite well for himself in the meantime, with a WPT victory and over $2.7 million in career tournament winnings. This victory takes him over the $3 million mark.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to think that the best tournament poker player in the world has about the same chance of having a winning decade - as the best SNG player in the world has of having a winning day. Like 65-70% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, of the "name" tv pros. Which ones do you think are on the skill level of the average SNG professional grinder like you and me? I will make a concession to them with the nuances of live poker, but for straight fundamentals who can match our experience and understanding?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-----

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I didn't know thats how the hand played out. I just don't get how he gets so far when everytime I see him he plays so bad.

At least with players like him people watching think thats how you play the game. Maybe this will bring on another conversation with my girlfriends dad on why calling an EP raise with A2s on the FT bubble is good because "well it was suited." Ugh, sorry for that rant in your sweat thread Usher, just players like Corkins piss me off so much that I can't help it.

Congrats again!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:39 PM

Congrats!