Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Personal Dilemma

He's a libertarian in Republican's clothing.

And thanks.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 AM

Congratulations to her. That's a big step and illustrates the power of teh interweb to change lives and get results.

I think this is a sea change for you both. She will make contacts and impress people; whatever Dr. Ron decides to do, I believe your wife will have options inside the beltway for a long time to come.

So, maybe like Georgetown will be hiring or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 AM

gl boro. sounds like you have fashioned a relatively good solution for the problem and if the problem is coming from your wife getting a great opportunity then its going to be more than worthwhile to work hard through tough times.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 AM

Boro,

"blogging, specifically political blogging"

Start a blog. Start posting. Figure out how to do that by reading blogs you like and seeing what they do and searching on the Internet for countless pieces on how to be a good blogger (engage readers, comment on other blogs, create interesting original analysis, etc.).

Do a good job of that and get a decent body of work up and I'll point some people involved in some decent-sized blogger networks in your direction. These networks basically make individual bloggers sort of like "columnists" within the group.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 AM

If this is a good idea then someone else probably said it already. But what I would do is have your wife talk to Ron or someone high up with him about where to look who to see. I feel confident they'll know someone who could probably put you in a good spot.

Either way, good luck.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:47 AM

Boro,

This is definitely a tough one. I gave up my dream job -- sportscasting -- to go back and lawyer again so I could support my new wife and now baby. I am happy that I can support them, but I also miss my old job and it is sometimes tough not to feel a little resentful of the whole situation.

I think you have to let your wife do this or she could potentially resent the hell out of you. At the same time, you don't necessarily have to leave your dream job right now. NC - DC is 4/5 hours, so you can make it work for a while. Just take it slow and see how it goes.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM

She's gotta do it. Anyone who follows Ron Paul knows how passionate she is about it.
I'd say money is not even the deciding factor in this.
Send him a mail saying it would be +EV to hire you as an economic advisor, dillema solved [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]