Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Jailed 2 years for oral sex, Genarlow Wilson finally gets off.

he should seriously sue and get as much money as he can, this is some messed up stuff
Old 06-28-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They probably put him in jail because they were jealous or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

They arrested and tried him because another girl claimed he and others raped her.
And the DA has offered him a plea deal that will remove his record and sex offender status and probably let him out now with time served, but he and his lawyers have turned it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a link to that? Because uh, why the [censored] would they turn this down?

"So I get out now and all charges are removed from my record? Eh, nah. I think I'll stay."

[/ QUOTE ]

From Wiki:

[ QUOTE ]
According to (Attorney General) Baker, the plea deal could allow Genarlow Wilson to be eligible for First Offender Treatment, which would mean that he would not have a criminal record nor would he be subject to registering on the sex offender registry once his sentence had been completed. It could also result in Genarlow Wilson receiving a reduced sentence, possibly leading to his release based upon time already served. Genarlow Wilson's lawyer, B.J. Bernstein, would not accept the proposed deal because it would require her client to plead guilty to a felony with a fifteen year sentence; thus Genarlow would be forced to register as a sexual offender for up to fifteen years.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have to ask yourself what's going on here. He can get out of jail right now, but they are turning down the deal. Why?? Are they trying to make some money out of this or something? Something's up obviously. If you want to fight the conviction you can still do that, just accept the deal to get out of jail, of course once your out of jail you probably lose all the celebrity support.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The problem is that there is a reason, it's called "the law". It's a stupid law, and it's horrible that nobody has corrected this, but by the laws on the books, he's in jail.

I'm not sure how presidential pardons work, but yeah, that would be a good idea here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The zeal with which prosecutors can apply their resources to those laws is left up to their discretion. To say that this [censored] McDade went out of his way to make sure that the black kid that was [censored] the white girl served his time is an understatement.

[ QUOTE ]
In Douglas County, according to law professors following the case, admitting sins and begging forgiveness -- not insisting on your innocence -- is the road to mercy. Williams is already out of jail, in part because McDade wrote a letter to the parole board, praising Williams for being the first to plead guilty and "take his medicine." As for Wilson, McDade called him a "martyr" in the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also really awesome that the Georgia supreme court ruled against Wilson 4-3. That being four white justices versus three black justices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that both girls involved with the case were Black.
The Georgia Supreme Court also ruled against him 6-1. Guess two of the Black justices are racists too.
An Thurbert E. Baker, the Ga AG, who is appealing the judge's decision, is Black. Must be a self-hating African American.

[/ QUOTE ]

He watched as B.J. Bernstein, his new attorney, filed a petition for writ of certiorari, asking the Georgia Supreme Court to review the case. The petition was denied, then set aside, then denied again, then appealed, then denied again. Those were darker days. The first time the Supreme Court voted on Genarlow's case, it was 4-3. The four judges who voted against the black teen were white. The three judges who voted for him were black.

The AG doesn't matter. The racist puke that started all of this was McDade, a white guy that wanted the black kids to act like good little [censored] and repent and give him their "I'ma sorry massa!"s

As to the race of the girls, I'm not turning up a search on their race either way, but I'm certain that when CNN showed the tape, they made sure to stop on the 15 year old WHITE girl and mention that they were blurring faces to preverse identities. It's possible that they stopped on the white girl as a coincidence, or to make it racially charged, but they stopped on the white girl in the room when showing the tape.

[ QUOTE ]
In the case of 26-year-old [White]George Tsimpides, First Offender status was extended in a sex crime. Tsimpides received 20 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to luring a 15-year-old girl he’d met on the Internet to Arbor Place Mall with the intention of engaging in sex with her. McDade says he publicly objected to that sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to the race of the girls, I'm not turning up a search on their race either way, but I'm certain that when CNN showed the tape, they made sure to stop on the 15 year old WHITE girl and mention that they were blurring faces to preverse identities. It's possible that they stopped on the white girl as a coincidence, or to make it racially charged, but they stopped on the white girl in the room when showing the tape.

[/ QUOTE ]

McDade : ( Atlanta Magazine )

[ QUOTE ]
“I think the members of the black community should stand up and say, ‘We don’t condone the behavior of these young men.’” Had he not pursued charges against the boys, his critics could have just as easily chastised him for failing to protect the rights of the two black females. “I’m standing up for African-American victims in this case, as I would for any white victim,”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 05:12 PM

If you accept a plea deal one of the stipulations is that you pleaded guilty to the crime and accept any consequences(plea deal) period. You cannot continue to fight the crime.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McDade : ( Atlanta Magazine )

[ QUOTE ]
“I think the members of the black community should stand up and say, ‘We don’t condone the behavior of these young men.’” Had he not pursued charges against the boys, his critics could have just as easily chastised him for failing to protect the rights of the two black females. “I’m standing up for African-American victims in this case, as I would for any white victim,”

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Eff CNN then.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he should seriously sue and get as much money as he can, this is some messed up stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Under what grounds would he sue (and win?).

People seem to misunderstand the tragedy involved here. The problem is specifically that nothing illegal happened. People made a really [censored] law and have failed to correct for that in a way that didn't un-[censored] the kid.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under what grounds would he sue (and win?).

People seem to misunderstand the tragedy involved here. The problem is specifically that nothing illegal happened. People made a really [censored] law and have failed to correct for that in a way that didn't un-[censored] the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, we get its the system at fault in the greater picture, but it is still left to the discretion of the AG whether or not to pursue an appeal.

The missions statement of the Office of the Attorney General of Georgia begins with the line "The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia"

How exactly is keeping this kid in jail serving the citizens of Georgia?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:42 PM

What the [censored]? How has the Georgia governor not pardoned this kid yet? I mean, are there REALLY people out there who think this is a good idea and this kid is getting what he deserves? That it is worth $250,000 of taxpayer money to keep this kid in jail for ten years for consensual oral sex???
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but it is still left to the discretion of the AG whether or not to pursue an appeal.

The missions statement of the Office of the Attorney General of Georgia begins with the line "The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia"

How exactly is keeping this kid in jail serving the citizens of Georgia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Superior Court Judge Thomas H. Wilson had no right to overturn the trial court. He does not have appellate power.

[ QUOTE ]

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 06/15/07

The 10-year prison sentence imposed on Genarlow Wilson for receiving oral sex from a 15-year-old girl when he was 17 is "harsh," but his punishment must stand to protect the law and keep more than 1,000 child molesters behind bars, Attorney General Thurbert Baker declared Thursday.

"As attorney general, I took an oath to uphold the laws of this state," Baker said during news conference he called to explain why he is appealing a judge's order to free Wilson. "And in taking that oath I don't have the luxury of taking the law into my own hands, or picking which cases to defend."

Baker, who has come under intense political pressure to back off his appeal, said the Monroe County Superior Court judge overstepped his authority Monday when he granted Wilson's appeal and changed his felony conviction to a misdemeanor without the requirement that he register as a sex offender.

Baker said he worries about how there are more than 1,300 men and women in state prisons now who have been convicted of the same charge as Wilson: aggravated child molestation.

"This ruling, if its stands, would have the potential to reduce or set aside the sentences of a significant number of those convicted felons," Baker said. "The ruling also has the potential to allow convicted child molesters already released from prison to avoid having to register on the state's sex offender registry."

[/ QUOTE ]