Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: party poker down?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah umm forget about what I just said. I think it's the table mods that cause it, looks like they dont work (at least not for me) with the new update.

I managed to fix it when I deleted the Partygaming folder in addition to uninstalling and then reinstalled. But looks like I won't be using any table mods till this is figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr I just copied my usual table mod back into the image folder and all was good ... errrr ... ????
Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Errr I just copied my usual table mod back into the image folder and all was good ... errrr ... ????

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 04:31 PM

Party crashes for me when i play/spectate normal tables also. Im playing on a Dell laptop with 1920x1200 as resolution. I dont have any mods installed and a reinstall did not help.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Oh, and it almost always crashes when i try to open a third table.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party crashes for me when i play/spectate normal tables also. Im playing on a Dell laptop with 1920x1200 as resolution. I dont have any mods installed and a reinstall did not help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a coincidence, but I'm also on a Dell 1900x1200 and no matter what i try nothing can get party to stabilize. Oddly enough, I downloaded Empire Poker and it runs smoothly, but moving my bankroll would be a massive headache. Any solutions yet?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Just so everyone knows this is how I did the calculations for the chart:

I used my massive datamined DB to get the data total hands, # of raked hands, Total Rake taken, and what the average number of players were hand was. (This is all 6max No Limit)

I then calculated the average MGR of each hand like so:

((Total Rake)/(Total Hands))/(Average # of players per hand) = Average MGR Per Hand

I think calculated the average number of Party Points given Per Hand like so:

((Points Per 20 Raked Hands)/20) = Points Per Raked Hand.

(Points Per Raked Hand)*(Total Raked Hands/Total Hands) = Points Per Hand

I then took the Points Per Hand and calculated the expected cash value of those points at each level like so:

(Points Per Hand) * $0.01 * Multiplier = Cash Value Per Hand

I then calculated the big blind/100 equivalent like so:

bb/100 = (Expected Cash Value Per Hand/Big Blind)

I then calculated the rakeback equivalent like so:

RB% = (Expected Cash Value Per Hand/MGR Per Hand)

Also, it appears I had a major error in one of my formulas that was messing up the data, this has now been fixed and the chart has been updated.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I managed to fix it when I deleted the Partygaming folder in addition to uninstalling and then reinstalled. But looks like I won't be using any table mods till this is figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]
A clean reinstall sans mods worked momentarily for me, but now it's back to chronic instability – always triggered by multitabling. Avoiding jackpots does no good. I don't think it's resolution dependent either. Party's call centre told me they'd look at the problem, and suggested I play through my web browser temporarily (hah).
Old 05-30-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A clean reinstall sans mods worked momentarily for me, but now it's back to chronic instability – always triggered by multitabling. Avoiding jackpots does no good. I don't think it's resolution dependent either. Party's call centre told me they'd look at the problem, and suggested I play through my web browser temporarily (hah).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the crashing came back for me too. Another delete+uninstall+reinstall fixed it again, for a moment at least. Guess I'll be reinstalling 3 times a day till Party finds the problem.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 PM

FWIW I've been playing the last several days without any problems. Been playing between 6-8 tables, even watching a movie on media player and using PAhud. No problems so far.