Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Items that are really good

GF,

Thorlo makes tons of really great athletic socks.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood the point of an ipod dock--why not buy a $2 mini-->RCA cable and hook it up to your stereo for better sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought sound quality was very bad hooking up my iNano this way (but then again the iNano sound output may pale compared to an iPod; read the PS below if you know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this. The headphone out on the ipod sucks because of the poor op amp chip they use and because of how underpowered it is. If you use that dock, it has a line out where you can connect an rca-mini cable and connect your ipod to your stereo.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of equalizer on these is a major beat, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the equalizer on the ipod itself? although this might be disabled, i dont know much about how these docks do things.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:57 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol I feel like so many of my recent posts are promoting Rainbows, but if you're gonna recommend Rainbows, don't show a picture of the cheaper, not as good ones. The premier leather ones last way longer and look much better than the plain leather ones you linked.

and yes, I second the suggestion of Rainbows. ~45 dollars, but will last you anywhere from 1-3 years (depending on how much you wear sandals - I wear them 6 days a week and they last me over a year), and are extremely comfortable and good looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, there is a huge stigma attached to wearing rainbow's in northern california. People calling other people so cal [censored] and stuff. Anyways, to avoid controversy, i have always just bought reef's and they're awesome.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM

an awesome stereo is a great investment imo. In the past month i spent 1k on the following two things:

1400 dollar speaker amp. It has a built in DAC. so i just go optical out from my computer straight to the back of the amp. I got it used for 600 bucks.

400 dollar bookshelf monitor speakers.

My whole setup now connects directly from my computer and is [censored] soooo awesome. The only reason i would consider an ipod dock is if there was a waterproof one for the shower. otherwise i am all set on the stereo front. In fact, i now have 2 stereo's since my marantz and KEF speakers are still hooked up downstairs. I am considering turning that into a turntable only setup or something and getting back into vinyl.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 PM

PITTM,
Sick bargain on that shizzle. I was at my uncle's house and he has some crazily expensive stereo system that sounded so cool that only plays CDs (i dont think he connected it to the tv) and it ran for $2000. Too rich for a student but maybe when I get older I can just drop monies like that for the sake of listening to better quality music.

I'm surprised there's no ricers in here talking about car stereo yet?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, there is a huge stigma attached to wearing rainbow's in northern california. People calling other people so cal [censored] and stuff. Anyways, to avoid controversy, i have always just bought reef's and they're awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, I haven't noticed that, and I go to school in the bay area. Lots of people wear them here, and it seems that they've gotten a little more popular in the few years I've been here. Of course, a majority of the students wearing them probably are from so-cal, so maybe that's all it means. I always thought the whole north v. south thing is stupid. I like both places (I live in so-cal, go to school in nor-cal) for different reasons, and would be very happy living in either region (although I'd probably favor so-cal a little bit).

Either way, Reefs are a solid second choice.

Anyways, to contribute an item to the thread, might I suggest basketball shorts WITH pockets. Basketball shorts without pockets are pretty much useless, but add pockets and they become perfect for working out, lounging around, and going to the grocey store or early morning classes where I don't want to be bothered with dressing up. With the pockets, you can hold keys, cell phone, wallet, etc; without the pockets, you really can't do much without fumbling around with where to put those essentials. The pockets just add so much functionality to an extremely comfortable piece of clothing.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 PM

calvin klein pima cotton boxers. only pima cotton.

johnston and murphy sheep skin shoes, sheep skin on the inside = very comfy.

wahl electric razors. they last forever.

shaving cream from the art of shaving. wonderful stuff.

a harness instead of a leash for a big dog. i highly reccomend this for anyone who has a dog > 50 LBS.

diamond audio subwoofers. crossfire amplifiers.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 PM

PITTM,

What models are the amps/speakers?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 PM

Amp: Music Hall Mambo

Speakers: Usher S-520
Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 AM

TheMoneyClamp

This is the best money clip on the planet...not even close. I bought one last year and still have it. Even though the ad says it can hold 20 bills it can actually hold much more than that. iirc in vegas last year I think I had around 80 or so bills and it still held up fine. Also, you can put just a single bill in the clip and it holds it firmly in place.