Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods World Poker Finals thread

[ QUOTE ]
Kathy Liebert is fugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some original commentary.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

It'll be rerun tomorrow @ noon ET.

One of the things I noticed was when anyone raised preflop EG was pushing all in. I think allowing him to limp was the best way to handle him.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:59 PM

During EG's interview, he said he's seen a lot of miracles in his lifetime. His voice was shivering. Anybody ask him what the miracles were?
Old 05-25-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During EG's interview, he said he's seen a lot of miracles in his lifetime. His voice was shivering. Anybody ask him what the miracles were?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus!...

Jesus.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:14 PM

Wow, the two hands where EG stacked off with A high were pure gold.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Nenad played g00t this final table.

When talking about past champions of this event, they go back three years then stop. They even show four names on the screen, but don't mention Howard. Is this because of the lawsuit, or am I just imagining things?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nenad played g00t this final table.

When talking about past champions of this event, they go back three years then stop. They even show four names on the screen, but don't mention Howard. Is this because of the lawsuit, or am I just imagining things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Later on they show the complete list and Lederer is on it, although you're right, they didn't verbally mention him. Good catch.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That Doyle Brunson hand is truly unbelievable. Limped flop was TT2 with two diamonds. Nenad (flopping 1000 to 1) with T2o bets 100K into 140K flop. EG (A8o) raises 200K more. Nenad reraises to 1.1M and has only 1.6M more behind. EG then 4-bets Nenad all-in with no pair and no draw! Nenad has at worst a weak ten or a flush draw and is pot committed either way.

MY GOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

The bluff there wasn't terrible in a vacuum, although obviously in context it is much worse. Don't forget Mimi was really short-stacked at the time and Nenad and EG were both much deeper. It's an absolute disaster for Nenad to bust there. I really doubt Nenad three-bets without AT or T2, rather looks at a turn that's hopefully not a diamond, but EG doesn't know that and would never think about that. Nenad understood the thing Mimi didn't, which was "never bluff a calling station."

[/ QUOTE ]

I was confused as to why Nenad re-raised, since he was sitting on the nuts. A player with any sense would shut down completely after Nenad's reraise. It seemed risky that EG would fold, and so I thought Nenad would call and perhaps push or check raise all-in on the turn. The only reasoning I can think of is that Nenad figured that EG was calling just about every bet, and would do so as well (and I guess he was right).

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like Nedad had an open book on EG. Here's my guess as to what he was thinking. Nedad sees the stacks and knows EG is aware of them. Mimi was very short at the time and EG loved to push when it looked like he had some folding equity. Nedad then knows EG is very likely to push if he 3-bets. The downside to just calling EG's raise is that plenty of turn cards could slow EG down depending on what he has, such as a flush card when EG has two big cards or a pocket pair. If EG is on a flush draw, he'll probably push the flop anyway so slowplaying and waiting for him to hit doesn't help.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the last hand did'nt it seem Nenad took an exceptionally long time to call EG's all in bet ?

The flop was 553 , Nenad had 75, then it came 9 9 for a board of 55399, and EG had bet the whole way.

I know that even if you know you're good and you're definetly gonna call, in such a crucial situation maybe he just wanted to rethink everything and take a good look at EG. Or maybe he realized he had it won and took a second to compose himself before he called.

I don't know , it just seemed like he took way too long. It almost seemed like he was about to fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't ever going to fold it but I'm sure he went back and replayed the hand and the betting to be as close to sure as it was possible to be that EG wasn't holding a 9. He knows he would have looked like a huge tool (cough...Phil Hellmuth...cough) if he had instacalled and EG had tuned over that 9 .
Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 PM

Re: The T2s hand. I didn't see a hand all night where EG folded once he put money into the pot. Nenad probably picked up on that and decided EG was going with his hand regardless of what he had.