Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: The concern is very simple, if Neteller had had the same provision

[ QUOTE ]
I called the bank and they said epassporte is a blocked merchant due to gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask which bank?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM

don't worry, it's a local bank on campus, Tompkins County Trust.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is incredible... nearly two weeks I opened a new bank account from a bank my friend had used for epassporte without a problem.. I waited so long to get the visa card in the mail, verified it, loaded funds and declined. I called the bank and they said epassporte is a blocked merchant due to gambling.
Holy [censored] I'm so fed up with this, it's absolutely pathetic that I need to feel like some outlaw or conartist just to play online poker.

I don't know what to do anymore, I verified my checking account as well but haven't tried that since it takes almost a full week.... would that even work now if the VISA didn't?
I pretty much may have to rely on a friend transfer, and that may not work since I've never deposited. I have no idea what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find another bank.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Epass down ATM?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 AM

ATMS work just fine with Eppasporte. I just withdrew $400 an hour ago. I have had problems with some merchants (stores, restuarants..etc) with the card. Their credit card processor does not recognize the bank. On the other hand I have used the card at gas pumps and other merchants without problems.

I just know not to use this card on a date or any other time being declined would cause embarassment.

FWIW,
I am still very pleased with Epassporte. Once you get the ATM card, you will have no problem requesting cash outs from Full Tilt or Pokerstars, and getting money from ATM the next day.

I think people are being a little to hard on a company that has stepped up and is helping us through this BS legislation.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:57 AM

I have deposited once with epass and withdrawn twice. No problems. Reading through these threads has taught me one thing though, FOLLOW THEIR RULES TO THE LETTER. The worst thing about epass is that everything takes time, and fixing an error takes the most time.

Maybe in time their service component will improve, but right at this minute, they are the best e-wallet available to us, and citrus is right about them being a company that took some risks to help us.

Competitors will be coming though, keep our eyes open.

Skallagrim
Old 05-25-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: No more ePassporte???

[ QUOTE ]
They updated their agreement terms. This part doesn't sound promising:

" 8. Account Closing Service Fee. If Your Account is closed by Us and there are funds remaining in Your Account, We reserve the absolute right to charge Your Account an Account Closing Service Fee up to the balance in Your Account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP has jumped to the wrong conclusion. Sounds like Epassporte is just ensuring that you have enough funds to cover the close-out fee when the account is closed. Lots of brokerage firms do the same thing. Also the gambling websites have the same policies.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: No more ePassporte???

They could have easily worded it better. Right now they left the "Account Closing Service Fee" as an unlimited amount.