Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Career Mess-Ups

I would say it's more a mystery how he got famous in the first place. He was a fabulously bad comic actor on t.v. that Tim Burton got a crush on. I suppose they fell out of love, and then it was only a matter of time.

To his credit, he may have done more with less than any actor I can think of.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say it's more a mystery how he got famous in the first place. He was a fabulously bad comic actor on t.v. that Tim Burton got a crush on. I suppose they fell out of love, and then it was only a matter of time.

To his credit, he may have done more with less than any actor I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come now, have you forgotten Keanu so quickly?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 AM

I'm too lazy to google Michael Keaton right now. But I had always thought it was right after he did Batman that he just dropped out of sight. Would that be accurate or did he do a couple other big movies and then drop out? Maybe it was the Courtney Cox thing that destroyed him. Didn't she break it off and then we never saw much of him again? Don't know.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 AM

I'd like to nominate Billy Squire for honorable mention.

He was generally considered a great sound for the early 80's power guitar rock era. His 1981 'Don't Say No' album hit #5 On the US charts with four solid hits: "The Stroke", "In The Dark", "Lonely Is The Night","My Kinda Lover".

Squire immediately followed with another monster album. His 1982 "Emotions In Motion" contained "Everybody Wants You" which hit #1 on Billboard's Album Rock Tracks. This album's title track also had decent commercial success.

Squire also enjoyed extensive airplay on MTV during these years. This unfortunately also contributed to his demise.
With his 1984 album, "Signs of Life", Squire created a video for a budding hit "Rock Me Tonight" that displayed Billy dancing around a bedroom in a manner which would be more appropriate for artists like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson.

Squire's status plummeted and he was never heard from again...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy to google Michael Keaton right now. But I had always thought it was right after he did Batman that he just dropped out of sight. Would that be accurate or did he do a couple other big movies and then drop out? Maybe it was the Courtney Cox thing that destroyed him. Didn't she break it off and then we never saw much of him again? Don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since my daughter is into 'Cars' Keaton is still around in our house. He does the voice of Chick Hicks.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:31 PM

It may be that he's just started to get up there in years. IMDB lists two movies for him in pre and post production though.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder.

ScottieK
Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 PM

Funny thing is, what he said has been said so many times before and since, and is pretty much on a par with the guy whose career got hosed for saying "niggardly."
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he's a tricky one to pinpoint. Talented actor in my opinion and capable of a big comeback, but really hasn't done much since Batman except for Pacific Heights. Seems like he made questionable choices for roles or maybe has other things going on in his personal life that are more important than acting.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 AM

From an article about Couric flopping:

[ QUOTE ]
Ms. Couric, 50, made her debut on CBS in September, after 15 years at “Today,” accompanied by great fanfare. She was expected to appeal to younger viewers. And to a degree she has — her ratings, while still usually third, are most competitive among younger women. But the newscast CBS created to try to take advantage of Ms. Couric’s morning-show skills has already been discarded, discredited as a colossal misfire.

One senior CBS producer who supports Ms. Couric but requested anonymity because of a working relationship with some people on the program, summed up that initial newscast, saying, “it was inane.”

[/ QUOTE ]