Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Cake poker - any improvements lately?

I signed up there yesterday and when I went to epassporte to deposit, they wanted my shipping address to send me some sort of Visa card. I don't want a Visa card. I just want to deposit money like I do at AP with my epassporte user/pass and then just have the money transferred.

Does anyone know why they require you to provide shipping info and if there's any way to avoid having to get this Visa card?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:05 AM

is cake having the ultimate disconncet....lol.

they runniing off with our money or what?

or regular maintenance.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 AM

I wanted to make a deposit but they blocked by account from being able to do so. When I asked why they said it's because my IP address originated from Puerto Rico and it's their policy to block credit cards when someone logs in from another country. I explained that I haven't left the country in years and that I tested my own IPs location and it clearly said California. They proceeded to ignore me.

[censored] Cake poker... Puerto Rico isn't even outside of the USA idiots.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:12 PM

With the latest update, the Cake client wants me to post SB + BB when I'm new to the table and trying to come in behind the button. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't always happen, and I've only noticed it on limit shorthanded tables (though I don't play FR that much)?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:35 PM

you are lucky. im in thailand and i cant even connect to cake or red star.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the latest update, the Cake client wants me to post SB + BB when I'm new to the table and trying to come in behind the button. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't always happen, and I've only noticed it on limit shorthanded tables (though I don't play FR that much)?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is standard at any site.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or not?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah you're right. I wasn't thinking. It shouldn't be like that when you're new to a table.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. There's nothing about it on their website.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:19 PM

My major complaints with cake at the moment :

1. Random stalls/crashes ; not terrible at the moment. The network does seem to LAG out more than most sites. I've had a few cases where it freezes up for like a minute and I get timed out on all the tables but then it wakes up again eventually.

2. Weird general glitches and network hiccups, things flashing and general non-solid-ness; like it will be your turn on a table but you won't have any bet edit box, and then a few seconds later it pops up, or the graphics will randomly flicker and cards will fly around weird places.

3. No sound or activication when it's your turn to post the blind; in general I find it really hard to wait for the BB and post to get into the game. Ideally there would be a "Post Next BB" button or something but at least it should beep or something so it's not easy to miss when it's your turn.

4. The graphics are just so awful and you can't configure them. A plain black background option would help so much. The cards are small and awful and the background is noisy and it makes it really tough to multitable. Why don't they use normal graphics files that you can mod like every other site? So dumb.