Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: What\'s your FICO score?

[ QUOTE ]
780! A lot better than I thought.

Someone please bump this in a couple of weeks so I don't forget to cancel my free trial at myfico.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked and mine is 780 as well. I have never had a late payment and my only debts are my mortgage and my car loan.

One thing I noticed when I looked over my credit report is that I have 2 "active" credit cards that I had thought that I had cancelled. It's not a case of identify theft because neither of them have a balance on them, and neither of them have had any activity since 2002. I could have sworn that I had cancelled them, though... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 PM

I signed up for the free trial at myfico.com today.

I scored 730. The site says it's my FICO score through Equifax, so I'm a bit unsure as to whether it's my true FICO score or just my Equifax score.

Anyway, one of the factors that supposedly hurts my score is that I have recently opened a new credit account. They say the average amount of time for people with high scores is 27 months since last opening a new account.

Anyway for those recommending opening new credit card accounts in order to increase our available revolving credit, what do you make of this?

edit: I haven't figured out what new credit account the report is referring to. I haven't gotten any new credit cards in at least 3 years.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I scored 730. The site says it's my FICO score through Equifax, so I'm a bit unsure as to whether it's my true FICO score or just my Equifax score.

Anyway, one of the factors that supposedly hurts my score is that I have recently opened a new credit account. They say the average amount of time for people with high scores is 27 months since last opening a new account.

Anyway for those recommending opening new credit card accounts in order to increase our available revolving credit, what do you make of this?

edit: I haven't figured out what new credit account the report is referring to. I haven't gotten any new credit cards in at least 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you taken out a new car loan? Mortgage? Even a cell phone or utility might count.

When you receive credit, especially a non secured credit account, your score will go down because it looks like you need to borrow money to lenders.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you taken out a new car loan? Mortgage? Even a cell phone or utility might count.

When you receive credit, especially a non secured credit account, your score will go down because it looks like you need to borrow money to lenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Student loan, but that was more like 16 months ago. The report says one year.