Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: aba\'s new cardrunner video

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys seriously talking about how to steal from Cardrunners? This is ridiculous, they practically give those away for the content and time they put into the site. Wow.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, we went through this exact same thing the last time aba released his first video.

-people saying wow this is great
-douchebags saying wow where can I get this for free
-people explaining how
-Taylor Caby coming in and getting pissed
-me deleting half the thread

let's not go that route again
Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
$21 for the video or $124 for a full membership?

i think these dudes need to take some economics classes....they would probably do much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think their price is right on the money. While I initially balked at the sign up price, once I did sign up I'd estimate my value received is triple what I pay. Aside from the videos, just having a forum that isn't filled with losing players giving advice is worth the price.

IIRC, TC said on the Forbes show that they have a 95% retention rate and generate around a million in profit annually. I imagine that translates into ~4500 members.

Even if my numbers are off (and they may be, that sounds like an awfully high number), it doesn't matter. If they were to cut the price in half would it result in a doubling of their membership? Absolutely not. There just aren't that many people seriously interested in poker who haven't joined due to the cost.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:19 PM

I agree the price is correct, those videos can really help their game, and it's much cheaper than coaching.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:18 PM

aba talks and talks a lot in this new video, but he's said nothing about how to flop top set every third hand like the pros [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 02:44 AM

I agree with what's been said; The value of something is what people are willing to pay for it. I'm willing to pay much more than i already am.

Most of my poker game has been inspired by Taylor & Brian. More even than all the 2+2 books I've read & what I've learnt from this forum.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 AM

I don't even watch that many vids but I got the full year membership and its definitely been worth it so for, and its only been a few months. That said, I didn't much like this vid, basically because I didn't think he did enough crazy stuff to have people label him a nutcase and pay him off with everything. His image was probably like, 'capable of a bluff', not 'total maniacal retard'. The KQ guy was just a huge donk obv. Though I may have found a leak: I play like aba did at the start of the session, only i continue it through my whole session and all my bluffs get called.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys seriously talking about how to steal from Cardrunners? This is ridiculous, they practically give those away for the content and time they put into the site. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]