Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Opie and Anthony

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] on Stern...

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful, without Stern, O&A wouldn't have a show. If Stern retires, where will they rip off their ideas?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, stern didn't make any new sign up quota. In order for siruis to have made money off of stern he needed to sign up about 5 million new subscribers, didn't happen. As far as i know since 01/06 sirius subscriptions might have gone up 500K-750K at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing people can post idiotic stuff like this as if it were true. Sirius ain't paying Stern a huge bonus for nothing.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful, without Stern, O&A wouldn't have a show.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing people can post idiotic stuff like this as if it were true.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs
Old 04-25-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sirius gives Howard Stern $83 million bonus
Satellite radio star's reward comes on top of his $500 million pay package

Updated: 11:51 a.m. MT Jan 9, 2007

NEW YORK - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. paid Howard Stern an $83 million stock bonus Tuesday after the company beat a subscriber target set two years ago when it lured the star shock jock away from terrestrial radio.

The bonus came one year after Stern started broadcasting his hugely popular and racy programming on satellite radio. The stock bonus is on top of Stern’s five-year, $500 million pay package that he signed in October 2004.

Sirius said in a statement that it paid Stern slightly more than 22 million shares of stock after exceeding a year-end subscriber goal for 2006 by more than two million.

Sirius ended last year with just over 6 million subscribers, compared with projections of about 3.5 million from Wall Street analysts when the company signed Stern’s employment agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

MSNBC report
Old 04-25-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Opie's screen name is "IWISH_I_WAS_ONEPERCENTASGOODAS_STERN"

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Stern sucks now. I like O&A much more.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope your being saracstic. OandA are horrible and Stern is better then ever right now.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM

God. Some of you people are just as delusional as him.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

now sir if you only did a small bit of research and didnt auto- believe everything your hero says you would have learned that was a lie. I know shocking Stern never lies... lol @ you ham n eggers that cant think for yourselves.

Hey where are you posting from ChipChomper?

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are seriously too easy...... toooooo easy... you had to actually research to actually figure out the 0.0 was a joke... brilliant work Watson!!! You're good.. scary good... Where I'm posting from... huh? why?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

now sir if you only did a small bit of research and didnt auto- believe everything your hero says you would have learned that was a lie. I know shocking Stern never lies... lol @ you ham n eggers that cant think for yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are seriously too easy...... toooooo easy... you had to actually research to actually figure out the 0.0 was a joke... brilliant work Watson!!! You're good

[/ QUOTE ]

BUWAWAHAHAHWA "Watson". Yeah nice try fella. When Stern said it on his show it wasnt a joke he was lieing and spreading propaganda and like the silly goose you are you actually bought into it. Then after i called you out on it you then did research to find out its not true. Good for you for doing some research. Now just imagine if that one thing Stern said was a lie regarding OnA what else might be lies? Whats that saying - "Where theres smoke theres fire". You just scratched the surface of the lies and i applaud your critical thinking . Now keep digging.

[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting thought... If the merger between Sirius and XM gets approved, Oppie and Anthony can kiss their jobs goodbye. There is no way the merged company keeps both shows and I think it is quite clear that Stern stays. Even if Mel Karmazan was not the proposed CEO of the combined company, O&A would be gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah b/c thats smart business. Get rid of one of the most popular shows(according to XM VP eric Logan) on the platform. Do you listen to yourself? Why would this ever happen? B/c Stern and OnA fight? Why not just fight it out and see which show can get the most listeners/subs and let the new company profit? If Stern would use his "power" and friendship with Sirius's Mel Karmazin to get rid of another show ... well thats just embarrassing. But then again if you have been paying attention to how Stern "fights" OnA you should already be embarrassed as a Stern fan. For example: Stern running to his bosses back in 1999/2000 and making OnA unable to mention Stern while at the same time he would trash them and lie about them on his show. Forcing your bosses to put a GAG order on another show isnt exactly taking on all comers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[censored] on Stern...

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful, without Stern, O&A wouldn't have a show. If Stern retires, where will they rip off their ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee that sounds familar. oh thats right its out of Sterns own mouth. Parrot much? Again why not think for yourself? Why not either give a new show a fair chance and listen to it for a fair time and then bash it if you dont like it. Or secondly dont bash something you have never given a fair chance to and have only listened to a one sided argument to form your "opinion". Oh and before you say "i did give them a chance" [censored] you think and parrot everything you hear Stern say. A zombie such as yourself would never give OnA a chance.

I ask you haters/zombies this: If Stern never once bashed the Opie and Anthony show, if he never said any of his lies regarding the Opie and Anthony show, or maybe even if Stern praised the Opie and Anthony show would you still have the same "opinion" of the OnA show today? Really would you?

Again people can like what they want and think what they want but to just believe whatever someone says and to repeat that persons statements without finding out the truth is just childish and sad.

OnA are not even my favorite radio show but i just find it frustrating that so many (less these days) just believe whatever Stern says and never question it.

This has gotten really off topic and i dont plan on posting anymore in this thread b/c i know theres no changing anyones "opinion" and ive said everything i needed to say but if anyone wants to continue this feel free to PM me and we will discuss this further using PM.

Oh yeah i like poker.

CYA!