Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

[ QUOTE ]

3. Idiots think that being on a winning team means you are "a winner" or something, that "winningness" is an attribute seperate from "skill at basketball". Since s team with any NBA players will win a lot in college, it's inconceivable to them that a guy who "won" a bunch of games in college wouldn't "win" a bunch of games in the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen someone arguing against the Florida guys accuse people of this. Yet when I read the thread....nobody in the entire thread is doing this.

And the only player that has really skyrocketed due to the winning was Brewer. I was extremely high on him a few months ago when he was a 10-15 pick and now it seems like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Noah has fallen though. Horford has always been around the 5 pick or so.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. Idiots think that being on a winning team means you are "a winner" or something, that "winningness" is an attribute seperate from "skill at basketball". Since s team with any NBA players will win a lot in college, it's inconceivable to them that a guy who "won" a bunch of games in college wouldn't "win" a bunch of games in the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen someone arguing against the Florida guys accuse people of this. Yet when I read the thread....nobody in the entire thread is doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
While you were reading the entire thread, did you notice that the post you quoted didn't say a think about the Florida guys?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While you were reading the entire thread, did you notice that the post you quoted didn't say a think about the Florida guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

TNM, I refuse to argue for the sake of arguing. Its completely clear that the Florida situation was at the forefront of his thoughts there. We had been heavily discussing Florida, and they were the only players that it made sense he was talking about.

It'd be like if I mentioned the "big 2" and then you started talking about Oden/Durant, and I said "Who said anything about Oden or Durant?"
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 PM

The only player type I mentioned was white guys who can't create their own shot, which was an obvious reference to Reddick and Morrison, unless you think I'm trying to make a case against Tel Aviv wasting $80,000 on Lee Humphries.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to come off like a nitty a-hole, it's just this whole thing has baffled me for years and I'm genuinely curious as to why people do them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like sports at all? It's like asking why people do Fantasy Football (and baseball and basketball, etc.)? They do it because it's fun. They do it because it's something to talk about and debate about when their team is no longer playing (Phoenix being the exception, because of the trade). Obviously, since this thread has over 50 replies, lots of people like this kind of debate.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I used to think so too. But then Bulls drafted a bunch of not-so-necessarily-special (at the time of the draft) guys from the proverbial "winning" programs - Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Duhon - and look at them now. It is an attribute that should factor in drafting decisions.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:40 PM

top 5 players in the draft

1. oden
2. durant
3. brewer
4. b. wright
5. conley

hibbert, gray, and hawes all scream

"HEY IM 7 FEET OR BIGGER PLZ GIVE ME MILLIONS SO I CAN GET 5 PTS 4 REBOUNDS AND BE SLOW ON DEFENSE"
Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I used to think so too. But then Bulls drafted a bunch of not-so-necessarily-special (at the time of the draft) guys from the proverbial "winning" programs - Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Duhon - and look at them now. It is an attribute that should factor in drafting decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at them now....they got all this talent to trade for a big man.....OH WAIT THEY COULD HAVE HAD GASOL OR KG BUT PASSED UP ON IT.

chicago fans, have fun being the new indiana pacers.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. oden
2. durant
3. brewer
4. b. wright
5. conley

"HEY IM 7 FEET OR BIGGER PLZ GIVE ME MILLIONS SO I CAN GET 5 PTS 4 REBOUNDS AND BE SLOW ON DEFENSE"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious, Conley #5? Unless he has speed like Tony Parker, I don't think his inability to shoot will work too well at the next level.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. oden
2. durant
3. brewer
4. b. wright
5. conley

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're wrong about Hawes.

I can't believe how hyped Brewer has become. Three months ago I couldn't get anyone to listen to me that he belonged in the top 10! Now I think hes overrated. Wright is a much better prospect than Brewer imo. Imo Wright is clearly the third best player in the draft and would be #1 many other years.