Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

EAST
If the Heat can get past Chi then the go to the Finals

WEST
Suns barely get by Spurs in 7 then run hot against Dallas and beat them in 5.

Suns over Miami...if Miami loses to Chi then Suns over Det.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:35 AM

LOL I just saw a replay of the Vince Carter-Mo Peterson slapfest. Mo's reaction is priceless when he gets T'd up. At first I was pissed but then I realized it was actually funny.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:46 AM

Assani, Good post. (about jwill) GKA and I agree with this, we think he's severely underrated.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. Detroit has the most complete team but Flip sucks and he will get outcoached again if he goes against Riley. So if Wade is healthy enough to get past the Bulls I think they get all the way back to get raped in the finals. Basically the east sucks.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are using the same arguments for J-Will that you are for another PG who shall remain nameless who I will not allow to hijack another decent basketball thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllll i love the way this was phrased.

not gonna get in argument, just gonna say that j-will is a really nice vet PG for the playoffs.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On March 4th, the GSDubs lost a 1-point heartbreaker to Washington and their record stood at 26-35. Our own coach aknowledged that the playoffs were out of the question.

The next night, Baron Davis came back in a road game against Detroit and for the first extended time all season, the Warriors had everyone healthy (Baron was injured and missed 20 previous games and JRich was injured and missed the first half of the season). Don Nelson shortened the rotation and defined the player's rolls. The 8 integral players in the rotation were: Boom Dizzle, JRich, SJax, Al Harrington, Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus, and Barnes. Granted, we got lucky in April to play a bunch of tanking teams. But that was not the case from March 5th to the end of the month, when we went 8-4 against some very good teams that were still playing hard. Without playing well in March, we would've never had a chance for that push in

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you obviously don't know Don Nelson very well. It is funny you mentioned that March 4th quote b/c yesterday Avery was talking about how him and Popovich were laughing that everyone bought into Nellie's same ol' mind games that he always pulls and that he has been playing ALL his career. Nellie always does this, feigns weakness when he knows what is really going on. He had a depleted team, he said that quote knowing he was playing w/o Baron Davis and Steven Jackson--integral parts to his team. But wait when these guys come back it shocks everybody, are we all really that stupid?

[ QUOTE ]
April:

@Detroit- 18 pt win. BDiddy's return pays off immediately.

Great win. You need great wins to get into the playoffs, it doesn't mean your team can do anything in the playoffs that is why there is the reg season and then the postseason. Look through the schedule and see how many marginal teams beat great teams this year to prove my point, Bucks over Spurs, Atl over Pho, Pistons have a ton--especially being in the East, Bucks, Bocbacts twice, Blazers, Knicks, Hawks and I was just counting the really bad teams, I believe they lost to the T-Wolves too. This is all just from memory but you can go through the schedule and see that great teams don't win EVERY game they are supposed to or then why would we play them?

Denver- 14 pt. win. This team had been killing us all year.

Since I have a man-crush on AI I will always concede that beating him is a good win but if you think about this realistically beating this team at this point in the year had a lot to do with what team came to the arena. They were one of the most up and down teams in the league for about a month or so (a lot of down) and they weren't a .500 team when you played this game.

LAC- 10 pt. win.

meh, you're a better team

@Port- 19 pt. loss. WTF LOL!? oh, I should mention, B.Diddy didn't play this game because of stiffness in his knee.

Took a night off to get ready for Dallas. Dallas beat the snot out of the Lakers this night b/c they don't take any nights off and set the NBA record for the best record on the back end of a back to back.

Dallas- 17 pt. win. I thought the Mavs had something to prove this game TDarko?

What do they have to prove? They are the best team in the league and had 17 game win streak going into this game, they are going to lose eventually. I actually made a post in the NBA thread saying that this month was going to be tough for them, the LAL/GS road back to back is extremely difficult, then they were to play 8 out of their next 10 on the road. Dallas was clearly out of gas and got their butts kicked, if you watch any of the Dallas games you could see that it wasn't the same team, no energy, nothing. You won't be facing that team in the playoffs which is what I think you're thinking.

Minnesota- 20pt. win. Dont think Minnessota was tanking yet.

Dude, Minnesota is and has been terrible all year. The only difference is that they were terrible at this point but trying b/c they had one player that was good on the court instead of 0.

@Seattle- 1 pt. win. Baron with the game winner with 1.5 seconds left.

Umm, cool. Good game. Seattle is terrible but that doesn't mean much like we mentioned earlier even bad teams beat good teams which GS obviously is. Oh and Baron is sick.

@Utah- 4 pt. loss. Outplayed and outhustled on the road.

Not a bad loss actually

Wash- 7 pt. win.

Wash fits your pace and I think GS is a much more athletic and finer tuned version of what Wash wishes they could do. You should win this game every time, you should really take advantage of the east every chance you can...I don't see this as a big win.

@LAL- 2 pt. loss. Al Harrington missed a 3 at the buzzer. We got swept by LAL this year.

Bad loss

SA- 37 pt. loss. We suck vs San Antonio, nuff said.

Dallas' template is built around beating SA, the only difference between Dallas and SA is Dallas is slightly more comfortable picking up the pace and SA is slightly more comfortable slowing it down but both are comfortable doing either if that makes sense. This is a big reason why I am not as worried about GS, if Dallas can use the entire shot clock like SA does every time they play GS then they will be golden--this eliminates the full court game from missed shots. You know Avery is talking to them about dictating pace, they just have to do it.

Pho- 5 pt. win. We were up by 23 points going into the 4th quarter before the Sun's subs got them back in the game.

Another run & gun game that GS has a chance in b/c they can stick around (though they were up big and it was Pho that stuck around). Good win

[ QUOTE ]
The Warriors have nothing to lose in the first round vs. tha Mavs and will come out firing. If going 9-1 down the stretch and winning by an average of 18 isn't a big enough confidence boost, how about winning 5 straight vs the Mavs and employing the ex-head coach who built the now #1 seed up from the dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas showed how worried they were of GS when they handed them a win and an 8th seed in the playoffs the second to last game of the year. You talk about confidence boosts, well this isn't HS...and in professional sports confidence boosts only last so long until reality sets in and that reality is who is actually better. If a team won 9 of its last 10 games by an average of 18 points and played paper weights this will show when it faces monsters, they can have all the hoorah rah hype they want but talent beats ego every time.

Also, in my predictions you should see what I think of GS as I predicted them to take the series to 6 games against my most beloved team in all of sports. So I do think they are very good. I think they are playing more like a 4 or 5 seed...and they would be a 4 or 5 seed if they would have been healthy all year.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. Detroit has the most complete team but Flip sucks and he will get outcoached again if he goes against Riley. So if Wade is healthy enough to get past the Bulls I think they get all the way back to get raped in the finals. Basically the east sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is I don't think they will make it past Bulls
The team is just to fed up with injuries etc..Posey,Dwade(which is the killer),Gary Payton...
Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 PM

ESPN is asking all their experts assorted questions about the playoffs. First round upset, championship dark horse, etc.

One is "Breakout star"

Jim O'Brien picks Chris Bosh. That's kind of silly, he's widely regarded as a star among basketball fans, but he does play in Toronto so maybe casual fans don't know about him.

Scoop Jackson picks LEBRON JAMES. Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

Also, only Hollinger picked the Bulls over the Heat. What the [censored] do the Bulls have to do to get respect? Apparently winning 49 games wasn't enough.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoop Jackson picks LEBRON JAMES. Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

common knowledge