Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: the USA will not win another world war...

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we can both agree that you made up this fact without any backing whatsoever to make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

What style of argument is this BS? I gave you a sure method to find it and you passed.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess we can both agree that you made up this fact without any backing whatsoever to make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

What style of argument is this BS? I gave you a sure method to find it and you passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gave me a method to find a fact that you made up. That method is a dead end. For all of the finer qualities that the drudge report may have, quality web page design is not one of them.

If you and I both can't cite the fact then there only conclusion is that it is made up. Nothing wrong with that, in the heat of an argument people make stuff up all the time. I'm sure I have done it before as well. We should both come to the same conclusion though, you have no solid basis to present this fact until there is some sort of citing.

I know you think it is my job to fact find for you, and I have done my part. But I will not go on a eternal fact finding mission for something I don't believe exists. You conceded the validity of the poll results when you refused to cite them. I tried to help you out, but you're not assisting me at all.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gave me a method to find a fact that you made up. That method is a dead end. For all of the finer qualities that the drudge report may have, quality web page design is not one of them.

If you and I both can't cite the fact then there only conclusion is that it is made up. Nothing wrong with that, in the heat of an argument people make stuff up all the time. I'm sure I have done it before as well. We should both come to the same conclusion though, you have no solid basis to present this fact until there is some sort of citing.

I know you think it is my job to fact find for you, and I have done my part. But I will not go on a eternal fact finding mission for something I don't believe exists. You conceded the validity of the poll results when you refused to cite them. I tried to help you out, but you're not assisting me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you now understand the magnitude of your request you can easily see why I won't do research for you.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you now understand the magnitude of your request you can easily see why I won't do research for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I tend to stick to things I can prove. Hopefully in the future you will do the same.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Been there. Seen that. Watched as the media and the left united against war.

Our worst enemies are internal.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has such good reasons, why has he failed to convince almost everybody of such (his population, the Democrats, others state leaders, public in other countries etc.). Almost the only one he has managed to convince are republicans. When somebody gets paranoid and thinks everybody else is wrong, who is usually wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not this war. It's the simple fact that 25% of Americans are against ANY war. That means, to me, that they would not defend this country under any circumstances.

I'd wager it's even higher in Europe. And all your enemies have recent citizenship. Get yourself a prayer rug because from that position it's easiest to kiss your ass goodbye.

[/ QUOTE ]

25 percent of Americans weren't against Afghanistan when it happenned initially. I guarantee you that if our country was *directly* attacked by another country (something like pearl harbor), that number would be less than 5 percent.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or at least cite a reference for that poll you spoke of.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want it? You find it. I already have the information. I don't work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf is this supposed to mean? How do you expect anyone to take your arguments seriously if you refuse to provide any evidence for them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care. The info is out there if YOU want it. I HAVE it. Do your own work.

I will not play Vincent to Marcellus Wallace.

[/ QUOTE ]

HeavilyArmed,
Check out: http://people-press.org/commentary/d...AnalysisID=62.

Scroll down to the very bottom, the last poll taken September 2001, by the Pew research center. The following Question was posed: Do you favor or oppose taking military action, including the use of ground troops, to retaliate against whoever is responsible for the terrorist attacks? Only 8 percent opposed this. That is far less than the 25 percent you spoke of.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Public opinion is pretty fickle. I remember someone polling in the 90s asking if you voted for Nixon in 1972 (he romped to re-election). Turns out Nixon no longer garnered a majority.

No, I'm not looking it up.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Public opinion is pretty fickle. I remember someone polling in the 90s asking if you voted for Nixon in 1972 (he romped to re-election). Turns out Nixon no longer garnered a majority.

[/ QUOTE ]

HeavilyArmed,
I was merely countering the OP, in which its been stated that Rap Music and Rock and Roll have weakened America's resolve in war. The poll I cited to clearly indicated that Americans are not against conflict in a Pearl Harbor type situation, and if America is attacked directly, the vast vast majority of Americans will support a call to arms. While I do appreciate the trouble it must be for you to actually cite even one source for the numerous claims you have made in this thread, you must admit that your position is somewhat weak when I was able to counter it (with a source no less) after a mere 2 minutes of googling.

I'm a patriot, I love my country, and I support armed intervention when necessary. However, as a patriot, I am also offended when my country is insulted, and you have clearly insulted my country by implying that its People are weak in the face of adversity and weak in the face of military attack, both claims that are clearly not supported by over 200 years of American History.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just nonsense. What is the point of this analogy? You have been presented with information that directly contradicts your un cited information. Why won't you concede to that fact that yours was made up and that Americans are willing to fight to protect this country.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, one might not be surprised that since: A: Nixon probably had more support amongst older people, and B: Most old people in 1972 would be dead by the 90's, that poll is not necessarily that indicative of anything.

Also, what the hell does fickle support of Nixon have to do with whether or not Americans would fight if the survival of America was at stake?