Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Gym Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who do a set and then stay on the station they're at while they rest (ie, dips/pullup bar)...I hate having to ask people if I can get a set in, when I know they're not f'ing using it

[/ QUOTE ]

In my health club, there are "Etiquette" signs posted, which include the rule of not resting at a machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where am I supposed to rest? There are no seats in the gym except the machines. F'ing resting is part of a good workout.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i rest right in front of my station, sometimes pacing in ront but always within reach...this is expecially important if i have specified rest times...if im supposed to do a set, rest 45 secs then do another set no fuckign way am i stepping away and letting someone in...dont care if it makes me a dick...

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt about it, if you walked away from the station at the gym i go to between sets, you'd never be able to complete that workout. i can go fill up my water bottle between sets of squats, come back and someone has it unracked, setting up their lift. completely sucks, but its a new gym and they ran a [censored] load of promotions, it seems like a lot of people who don't know any better
Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no doubt about it, if you walked away from the station at the gym i go to between sets, you'd never be able to complete that workout. i can go fill up my water bottle between sets of squats, come back and someone has it unracked, setting up their lift. completely sucks, but its a new gym and they ran a [censored] load of promotions, it seems like a lot of people who don't know any better

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I leave a towel at the station, as a way to let them gently know, "Back the eff off."
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh my god ive wanted to do this for some time.

1) How many sets do you have left? "A lot" [censored] you buddy how about a number?

2) If I'm lifting infront of the mirror 5 yds back from it and someone comes up in front of it.

3) Doing biceps on the cable cross. There is only 1 cable cross at my gym, and you can do a curl anywhere.

4) The Spring-Break Abs crew. You can't get abs if they are covered in fat and it definitely wont happen in two weeks so stop taking over the gym in late febuary.

5) Do not lift infront of the rack where noone else can grab weights. Don't do it. No, don't.

That was fun, I might come back with more later.

5)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a complete dick, but I disagree w/ some of these:

1)There are better ways the guy can tell you he has a lot left and would just prefer to work the machine/bench/cable crossover himself. None the less, he's giving you the long con on it.

3)Dude, sometimes you want to work biceps from different angles . . . see cable crossover

[/ QUOTE ]

On #1 it really helps if I can get a number, because if its 3 maybe ill wait. If its 9, I'll go do something else and come back. If its 4 I might hurry to get my next thing done so I can catch him when hes done. I get nothing out of " a lot ".

3) I'm being sincere here. It's annoying mainly because we have one cable cross, and doing bi's one arm at a time takes a while. But an honest question, what angle can you get with a cable cross that you cant get with a dumbell?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM

cbloom,

You don't have to say yes.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM

I dont like looking at fat people.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm being sincere here. It's annoying mainly because we have one cable cross, and doing bi's one arm at a time takes a while. But an honest question, what angle can you get with a cable cross that you cant get with a dumbell?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing wrong with waiting your turn.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 PM

i see. do those curls really work the muscle differently than a standing barbell curl?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 PM

yes, it does. its actually a very good isolation exercise for biceps
Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I almost lost it in the gym today. I was at the squat rack warming up with just the bar, about to start my sets. Some girl walks up and asks if I'm using the rack, I say yeah but you can work in. I rack the bar and sit pace around to loosen up a bit. She shows up a wood box, a physio ball, and two male friends. WTF WTF. She starts doing pullups in the rack (it's got an overhead bar), her friends drop down on the floor right in front of the rack and start doing pushups. WTF WTF RAGE IS BUILDING. Fortunately the guy in the other rack finished his set and I just went over there.

[/ QUOTE ] lol wtf? I would snap if someone did this crap to me. Was she atleast hawt?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Reracking

not reracking drives me crazy. the people who leave a bar, dumbbells, etc., wherever they use it instead of putting it back. they wouldn't do this at their home. if a gym suspended the pigs the first time, and kicked them out the second time, everyone else would start reracking very quickly.