Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta think DEEP when you're watching this show. If you can't or won't, then you'll be disappointed. You won't notice things like the nanny and kid singing "...over the hill..." as Tony walks by, still licking his wounds from losing a fight for the first time, while a birthday forces him to come to grips with getting older.

[/ QUOTE ]

The song also involved ducks swimming away or something along those lines. I needn't elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the song was 5 Little Ducks - specifically about little ducks running away and their mother looking for them. Nothing on this show is done by accident.

I'm sure that the ripped shirt is just another red herring. And I'm sticking with my call that the guy Bobby killed is Janice's estranged son Harpo.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM

I just froze it and Bobby has clear plastic gloves on.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Why does Tony hate Chris? I guess I forgot from last season but I dont remember anything?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM

This episode indicated that Tony is unhappy with how Chris is shaping up as a successor, he's not dedicated enough (highlighted when chris doesn't show up for Tony's return, and then call Tony after the fight)
Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just froze it and Bobby has clear plastic gloves on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. i thought it was clear from just watching it once. either way it doesn't matter, it's his first hit, in a different country, no way it could be tied to him really.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pity anyone who didn't fully enjoy every scene in this episode.

Somebody mentioned the Janice/Carmela scene by the lake as a "waste". Sure, I imagine if that scene's subtext (Carmela is worried that Tony is going to retaliate against Bobby, and projects this onto Janice, accusing her of insinuating it, leaving Janice to wonder, "What did I say?") sails over your head, the superficial remainder of the scene doesn't make much sense at all.

You gotta think DEEP when you're watching this show. If you can't or won't, then you'll be disappointed. You won't notice things like the nanny and kid singing "...over the hill..." as Tony walks by, still licking his wounds from losing a fight for the first time, while a birthday forces him to come to grips with getting older.

Someone else mentioned that AJ's scene in the bedroom didn't make any sense. I guess if you need it spelled out for you that AJ is a freeloading scumbag with no intentions of growing up, who is quite content to "play" grown-up on the grown-ups' bed, then you probably took nothing from that scene.

[ QUOTE ]
who was tony referring to with the 'guy i'm trying to setup' stuff? not bobby surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony was expressing his disappointment in Christopher, who is too busy making movies to rise to the task of becoming the #2 man. Tony needs a #2, and he has a reliable brother-in-law ("your friends will desert you, only trust family") who has nothing to do, now that he's done babysitting Uncle Junior.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, especially the first sentence.

There was a sense of impending doom throughout this whole episode, and I thought it was really exciting to watch. Great TV.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:20 AM

god the [censored] hit doesn't matter in terms of police/being arrested - bobby's clearly paranoid, psychologically the possibility of getting caught will get to him - he's already changed, what with the fight and now the hit.

as a nit, i was a little disappointed - this episode was really only 48 minutes, what with the HBO shilling beforehand, as well as the 'previously on the Sopranos...'
Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Why does Tony hate Chris? I guess I forgot from last season but I dont remember anything?

Chris is a drug addict, a huge liability in this thing of ours. He can flip for a bag of junk.

Chris hooked up last season with a real estate agent that rejected Tony.

Tony felt that Chris did not deserve Adrianna La Cerva. She was a 10 Chris is a 5 at best...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also think a lot of this episode was supposed to recall the coma dreams Tony was having in its use of prolonged natural shots, contemplation, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to watch again, but the bell on the dock sounded just like a bell that Tony heard when he saw the beacon of light off in the distance in his coma dreams.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:27 AM

In the end, I think only Paulie will stick by Tony.