Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I really hesitate to add to this discussion because I know so little about poker and also because I'm his Mom and I hate to see his point of view defended from that perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say that, and proceed with the bs anyway.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:06 PM

ok, sorry you felt it was b.s. He hasn't been available to discuss this, so I thought I would attempt to relate what I've learned from some of his thought processes. They are most definitely incomplete but I did my best to respond in a heartfelt manner, acknowledging both points of view in this thread, and giving perhaps a different perspective. Oh well, there's always someone around to take exception/ criticize/ whatever. Thanks for the hate, it's always constructive.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:06 PM

they wouldnt be criticizing if he didnt run so hot to win. Maybe its just the way the production team chose to present him, but it was like he couldnt lose a hand. You look at Gus Hanson playing and he runs hot in almost tourney hes in, that doesnt mean hes a bad player, hes just got the luck it takes to win major tournaments. People resent peoples luck (you saw the german player say when his JJ lost to gobbos a-10 "add another suckout to his list"), because they feel like the person isnt winning based on skill.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

This thread is hilarious. Apparently I don't get fanboys' approval just yet, I have to run really good a few more times for that to happen.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is hilarious. Apparently I don't get fanboys' approval just yet, I have to run really good a few more times for that to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this how good you run online?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:52 AM

I'm just frustrated that we can't be a little more supportive of our own here and show a little respect toward one of the better MTT players the 2+2 message board has produced. It's fairly clear to me that many in the TV forum don't understand tournament poker, so I guess you'll have to get your respect from the place where people do- over on the MTT board.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:55 PM

I understand tournament poker, I know that gobbo is a great player who is thinking on more levels than most donkament players. I can also understand the viewpoint people have that he is a luckbox, because after all the hand ranges and equity calcs he does in his head, when the opponent constantly has "the top of his range", and gobbo still sucks out to win anyway, that is how it comes across.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just frustrated that we can't be a little more supportive of our own here and show a little respect toward one of the better MTT players the 2+2 message board has produced. It's fairly clear to me that many in the TV forum don't understand tournament poker, so I guess you'll have to get your respect from the place where people do- over on the MTT board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Really lucky != really bad.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 PM

ignore the haters