Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: ***Official Irish Poker Open thread***

What's up gobboboy? I was playing at your table for a while. I am the one who you and mafews managed to persuade to do two 1k coinflips after the 10-25-50 plo game broke up :-)

Btw, the other American guy who was sitting in seat 7 who you beat out of the big pot ai on flop J85...does he post on 2+2?

To everyone: the event was pretty good, but the rake was ridiculously high (2/5 VERY deepstacked game wud be 26-30 euro per person per hour). The food was also ridiculously expensive, at 16 euro for a pannini, or 12 euro for a regular sandwich.

Still, a big event with 20-25 sidegames running at any given time catering for stakes as high as 5,000 min buyin plo/holdem with avg stack around 15k-20k or so.

It was my first big festival attended, and I definitely would like to start going to more. However, the cash games were very soft in the Irish open, but would they be equally soft at EPT events, or would they be much tougher? (lookin for an answer from anyone who has played 5/10nl at an ept event or higher)
Old 04-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Hey dude, good playing with you. That was my friend Matt in the game who is a friend of a friend who I met in Vegas last year. That hand was so sick. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

EPT Monte Carlo had no cash games because they're illegal there. I can't answer for any other places.

The Irish Open was a very nice event and I plan on going back next year if I go to Monte Carlo.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey dude, good playing with you. That was my friend Matt in the game who is a friend of a friend who I met in Vegas last year. That hand was so sick. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

EPT Monte Carlo had no cash games because they're illegal there. I can't answer for any other places.

The Irish Open was a very nice event and I plan on going back next year if I go to Monte Carlo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should remember to bring more Euros.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw, the other American guy who was sitting in seat 7 who you beat out of the big pot ai on flop J85...does he post on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9691422

also, he's from canada so calling him american means he'll probably shank you next time he sees you.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He may understand restealing, but I'd be surprised if he would be a winner at any level of SNG's on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I think he should stick to the WPT/EPT events until he has adequate bankroll and skill to play SNGs on Pokerstars.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He may understand restealing, but I'd be surprised if he would be a winner at any level of SNG's on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I think he should stick to the WPT/EPT events until he has adequate bankroll and skill to play SNGs on Pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of live pros would be losers in the 60s on stars.. probably the 27s too, and definitely definitely definitely the high stakes ones.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM

i remember playing on my laptop in atlantis and john pham and victor ramdin were just sort of idly walking around the lobby waiting on william thorsson, and they stopped by to sit at my table in the lobby and we talked for like 15 or so minutes, oyvindgee was also there. they were both cool as hell, victor was a very nice guy and this was before I saw him play goofy on HSP so my impression was, taught by phil ivey, has won a WPT, guy knows what hes doing.

anyways, the topic of online sit n gos came up and pham asked ramdin how he was doing in those, and victor was talking about how amazingly juicy the higher buyin sit n gos were, and he claimed making 40k in the games.

you can graph ihs results by searching victorramdin on pokerstars [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM

I like the part of his graph where he makes 40k.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:12 AM

sharkscope has him down a few grand overall on stars, coming nowhere close to having 40k at any point... eh??