Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Title suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with both of you. "Three places" rules out 18 seaters and "online" is also specific. Let 2+2 sell their books, I want accurate information.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does taking out the phrases "three places" and "online" out of the title make the book less accurate?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Title suggestion

It makes the title less accurate, like Angel Largay's "No-Limit Texas Holdem - A Complete Course."

I don't care because I research books before buying them, but then I can't stand listening to people who don't.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: SNG Book Announcement:

Great Idea. While many books discuss issues pertinent and adaptable to an SNG, a 2+2 book on the topic is a definite purchase.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 AM

Seriously, I am starting to wonder about the release of this book w/o consultation with members of the STTF forum, mainly because a couple of them (myself included) had the beginnings of a book already. In addition, I have serious concerns about the quality/expertise from just reading the ToC and having no Sharkscope data on the author.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 AM

Well abarber .... ever since I at the beginning of this thread asked Colin to tell us about himself, and we have been meet with silence since, I've been thinking along the same lines.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM

Now that I know 2p2 is interested in the idea, I almost want to finish mine w/ Pudge and send it to Mason. I'm sure a group of STTF'ers could write a superior book.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure a group of STTF'ers could write a superior book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing. This is the same mindset of those who put down 2+2 books for years because the authors (David, Mason, Ray Zee, etc.) were not big name, big money players.

I have no idea who the author of this SNG book is, but I am certainly not going to prejudge the value of the book before it is published.

Over the last few years, many "big name" STTF posters talked about writing a book about SNGs. Most just dropped the idea. Several reported that they had tried, and that it was too hard and that they were not happy with the quality of their efforts.

I would no more assume that STTF posters could write a good book than I would assume that an unknown could not do so. In either case, I would wait for the book to be published and base my opinion on the book, not on the reputation (or lack thereof) of the author.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:31 AM

Definitely, and I like the guy because of him carrying a fire hydrant. Asking for Sharkscope stats is in no way disrespectful, though I'm certain that Mason assumes it is.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:49 AM

I know nothing of the author as well, however do we really think mason and conjelco would back this project unless the writing were pretty good and the author had a backround??
Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Beats me, I just like starting trouble.