Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: YSSCKY

I had really good seats at 2 of them and decent seats at the others. I will sit to the left of a TAG if he is sitting directly to the left of the big fish, but obviously I like to have the biggest fish to my right so he can ship me his money the quickest.

It's pretty simple to deal with TAGs to your left. They don't reraise super light, they don't coldcall much, and they fold their blinds like normal people. Obviously some are different but for the most part I'm only playing pretty small pots with them and if I'm out of position against them it's because they've 3-bet me with their fairly narrow range which I can play pretty well against. Otherwise I will be in position against them when I raise on the button and they defend their blinds.

Someone called me an idiot at one table today. I agreed with him.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 PM

What limit?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:49 AM

just had my biggest losing session of 2007. Had my biggest winning one on saturday. So sick. This is what happens when you can't sleep. ;kjsaf [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

enjoy my $ guys. I look forward to winning it back over the next month.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:51 AM

what a [censored] week. I've been sick alllllll week.

playing sick = bad. Unless it's PLO which is the only game i'm winning at this month.

Sorry, had to vent.

later
Old 03-30-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a [censored] week. I've been sick alllllll week.

playing sick = bad. Unless it's PLO which is the only game i'm winning at this month.

Sorry, had to vent.

later

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, throughout my entire poker playing...

There's been a disturbingly high correlation between:

A Good state of mind prior to playing poker and my LUCK.. Not just my results.

IE not in a busy work week where I shouldnt be playing or something [censored] happened)

Im of the agnostic, mathematical minded people, but seriously, my swings are starting to make me question my faith in logic.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:42 AM

yah in barry greenstein's magazine i mean book he talks about how he was working full time and then going to play and how he wasn't playing as well then

i'm pretty mad at myself for playing when i did last night but had it gone the other way and i didn't run KX/QX into KX+1/QX+1 for 2 hours and a ton of other bad beats I would think i'm a genius

long story short - don't keep laptop by your bed
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im of the agnostic, mathematical minded people, but seriously, my swings are starting to make me question my faith in logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these things actually make perfect sense really. Maybe it seems to correspond alittle too well at times for what we might logically conclude but the fact this is the case (results are better when people are in the zen-like state of mind they should be in before playing) isnt contrary to reason in any way shape or form.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
long story short - don't keep laptop by your bed

[/ QUOTE ]
QF mfin T

Not only am I just exhausted and haggard looking at work today, I'm also 40bb lighter for constantly making "no way the donkey has it again" call downs at 2 in the mornin.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these things actually make perfect sense really. Maybe it seems to correspond alittle too well at times for what we might logically conclude but the fact this is the case (results are better when people are in the zen-like state of mind they should be in before playing) isnt contrary to reason in any way shape or form.

[/ QUOTE ]

I purposely emphasised luck, not results.

IE, if I were playing a coin flip game where I get payed out 1:1 if the coin landed heads. If I mapped my winning percentages from poker , when I was in a good mind state onto this game... I would be crushing it.

I guess I could rephrase it as "My results far exceed the expected value of my play when I've been in good moods, and drastically dropped below the expected value otherwise."

Im not saying in the future, but based on the past..
I'm 100% positive this isn't in my head,
I'm talking -13bb/100 for 3k hands fairly consistantly after an awful situation or "the day after i was supposed to quit for 2 weeks" .
Then boom, I go on holiday, first or second day +10bb/100 for 3k hands. I havent been playing that long, but this has happened at the start of EVERY school break.

Over christmas/january after exams I ran at +5BB/100 at 5/10 for ~20K hands or so, this was including a day where I lost a little over 150BB in one day.. The day my girlfriend and I broke up.. Sure I make poor calls and raises here and there, but not 150BB worth in a short frame of time.... I tilt easily, but rarely/ever severly.

in late february when work started to pick up I dropped over 350BB. Can't remmmber over how many hands.

Spring break.... won it all back and a little more.

Im a 4th year undergrad in physics at one of canada's top universities so believe me, I understand the theory behind probability and how given a probability distribution (your cards, your opponent cards and the board) that any combination is possible over any amount of time, and that given enough trials/simulations every possible scenario is likely to occur (ones of the magnitude of my # hands)

see http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...c=1#Post9773009