Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX_GM: You want to talk about this here? What were you using? We'll have our people install it and if it yields the same results, and it is not something against our rules, we will pay you.

My preference all along was to resolve this issue in private... I will take you up on your offer and send you my programs. I use PokerTracker, Poker Stove, and a HotKey program to make multitabling easier... have an Email addy I can follow up with? I'll send you anything you want to install and run.

[/ QUOTE ]

are these programs allowed on WSEX?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a longtime 2p2 lurker - is that illegal too?

Seriously, people... my "no ill will" is because I'm prepared to move on as the decision, no matter how unjust, was told to me to be "final"... the way I choose to look at it is that WPX was giving away free money - it was a gift that happened to be taken away from me... oh well.

As for my win/loss, my overall net was about 10.5K (2K was cashed out into neteller in January) and there's about 8.5K of pure profit in there now... the 4K withdrawal request was the first try since January and the first time requesting the check (since Neteller's not an option).

I feel like I'm doing a lot of explaining of myself... I look forward to taking WSEX_GM up on his offer to see if any of my programs may have been what they detected as a "bot"... I'd like to play there again...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well on Monday night, I tried to make my first withdrawal…

[/ QUOTE ]

So your first post included a minor error of fact?

Strangely, this is how all the "site stole my money" posts start off.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC_
stranger
Reged: 03/20/07

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THESE GUYS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup never fails. I can think of very, very few incidents where long time posters have had their money frozen (strassa on Prima being one of them), but yet there are 10 of these threads a month from guys who register just to claim they are being robbed by {insert random poker site here}. Now I'm not saying all these new posters are lying, but I'm fairly sure that most of these threads end up with the OP being caught lying and never posting again after that.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM

You're correct... my mistake. The first withdrawal was through neteller around Jan 13 (nice timing, eh?), and the 2K was my basis on the site, so what is left there now is all the proft... the 4K attempt on Monday was attempt#2 and the first of the profit portion...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:47 PM

You need a Hot Key program to 4-table?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:51 PM

WSEX GM- I thoroughly enjoy your site. I thoroughly enjoy your commitment to posting on 2+2this site in an effort to better your site.

As far as whoever made the "guilty until proven innocent" comment earlier....I am among those who is not calling OP guilty yet. BUT first and foremost I am considering WPEX to have made a correct decision until proven otherwise. I think they've earned that.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What were you using?

We'll have our people install it and if it yields the same results, and it is not something against our rules, we will pay you.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

#1) This is top notch customer service. I can't imagine wanting to play less on WSEX as a result of this thread... rather, it makes me want to find a way to give them business, even if it means sitting alone at higher limit tables until action develops.

#2) Without taking away from Fred's perfect responses here... which really are PERFECT... it does seem that there is opportunity for improvement on WSEX's part in that this response could have been given earlier by 'Nigel'. Given Fred's claimed newness of the software/policy, a few bumps in implementing it could be expected... but let's hope this response becomes a standard from Nigel and others at his level of the company.

The truth is, for members of 2+2, WSEX clearly offers customer service far and away above what any other site offers. Fred's not perfect I'm sure... It's scary to see one single person ask for PLO games, for example, and then see Fred claim to rearrange their development priorities and then deliver the games soon after. But nowhere else will you see someone addressing issues on a case by case basis in a detailed way who actually has the power to change or create policy based upon the situation.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM

This thread is the main reason why I will never play poker online. There will always be cheaters and scammers that are one step ahead of security. Although, I admit there are cheats in live poker, it's much easier to cheat online, and therefore, more likely you will be cheated because of the volume.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:50 PM

if you can't beat a bot, you shouldn't be playing poker anyway.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Here's my two cents:

1. Innocent until proven!

2. Guilty, redistributed the money to all of us, you freaking cheater...ban him.