Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: All-In Check Down Etiquette ???

[ QUOTE ]
Live players are generally better at whining than poker. Ignore the former, its just background noise.

regarding the bet - 10k was not a bad bet since it got paid 20k back. A 20k bet probably gets one caller - JT. Maybe a hair more gets 2 callers for more equity, but more than likely, you picked a nice zero risk/good return bet (not the maximum EV bet, but a high EV, lower variance one).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I've heard a lot of whining since I started playing, but in this case the Whining MIGHT have had a little validity, at least one person here thought so.
(That's why I brought it up on the forum.)

As for the bet, Not knowing that caller 2 had two pair, and putting caller 1 and 2 on ONE pair each, If I had gone to 12k or 15k, I thought I might not get any callers,
In hindsight, caller 1 would've prob. either folded or gone All In (Considering his stack size), caller 2 (with a bigger chip stack) would've still just called.
So a 15 k bet would have got me 15k plus either zero, or caller 1's whole stack,

Pretty much what you just said...(thanks)

Yeah, ... woulda shoulda coulda...

Wow, considering how he reacted to my taking over 25% extra of his stack, can you imagine what caller 1 would've said if I had Busted him?
LOL just thinking about it.

I had another Whiner at a MTT Last night,
My Ac-7c hit 2 pair and a back door flush draw on the flop,
when, on the river, after 3 x pot size betting the SB's check on the turn (another club!)(he said / growled "ahhhhrrrggg" when he called) then he actually got angry when he checked on the river and I put him all in. (he (kinda loudly) said "Oh - Come - ON!) called and slammed his A-3 offsuit on to the table. Like I should've been a nice guy and just showed down. (there was no 3 and no other draw on the board, ???!!! )
This time, NO ONE took this whining seriously.