Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: help a clueless guy about paying for dates

[ QUOTE ]
Make the 'dates' you 'take the woman on' much more casual and structured to lead to sex. I.E. take her to your house to show her something, to watch a movie, etc. Invite her to go on an errand with you when your buying a new pair of sneakers.

Try to adopt a rule of only dating women you are already banging.

[/ QUOTE ]

word to that, all intial "dates" I take a girl on are v casual. One it allows for a lot of manuerability, takes pressure off, and just allows you to have a great time.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 AM

To all those in the thread saying she should pay or at least put in a sincere offer etc:

I basically agree. A twist to the question: how do you play it if is clear to everyone that the guy is loaded and the girl is on a very tight budget.

Im gonna guess the answer is she should offer but let her pay for a bit but probably bloke pays for the majority?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kid...

...The fact of the matter is, I spent a hell of a lot more money on getting my hair & nails done and my entire body waxed then you're going to spend on this dinner, so I don't feel guilty at all not having to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I actually took a moment to read what you wrote, and I have to laugh at your mentality. Getting waxed and getting nails done has nothing to do with going on a date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it does, and I agree with Fluff completely on this. It is a big deal that a woman has gone through the steps to get ready for a date with you. If anything, it shows you she cares, about both you and herself, that she would do such things for the date.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not LOL'ing at the fact that a girl is getting ready for a date. I'm laughing at the fact that she believes she has to go to extreme measures to do so. I was merely trying to point out that a girl can paint her own nails and have them look just as good as if she went to go get them done at a nail parlor.

The second part of why I was laughing is because the cost the girl puts into getting ready for the date should have nothing to do with who pays for the date. My date preparation ritual doesn't entitle me to a free meal through the girl, and I don't see why she should feel that way either. If a girl doesn't at least offer to pay for her part of the date (regardless of whether or not I end up paying for the whole thing anyway), then she's obviously not a considerate person, which is a quality that I personally like to see in a significant other.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all those in the thread saying she should pay or at least put in a sincere offer etc:

I basically agree. A twist to the question: how do you play it if is clear to everyone that the guy is loaded and the girl is on a very tight budget.

Im gonna guess the answer is she should offer but let her pay for a bit but probably bloke pays for the majority?

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if I was loaded, I'd still like to hear a girl offer to pay her part since it speaks volumes about her personality (especially if she was short on cash). However, I'd be much more inclined to pay for all our dates if I had money to burn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 AM

I obviously came in late here and have no good advice to give, I've been with the same chick for over 2 years, so we don't really "date". So I just skimmed the thread and this made me lol.

[ QUOTE ]

say this girl calls back and says, 'hey i had fun on friday, do you want to go out again?' what do you say? 'no, because you're a freeloading whore'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-11-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She should be bringing something to the table aside from her looks/sex. She should offer to pay and be sincere about it (or split). The 'being sincere' about it is KEY. She should also show appreciation, if she is a take it for granted because of her looks type she is not worth it. The looks will fade with age and the money will grow with age. So you will wind up with an old broad who owns half your stuff and didn't even really 'appreciate' it from jump street. Don't go down that path brother.

And if its just some hot chick to bang and your not gonna get involved do an EV calc and still try to angle for the best EV situation you can get. Just cuz you have cash doesn't mean that you have to/or should, spend it. YOu can dangle it (she sees your car, sees your pimp stuff when visiting you) and not deliver.

Bottom line, if you would blow the money on a friend because you are loaded and he is not, well then it's no different because she's a chick. But if your trying to buy your way into some puss, or worse think your obligated to, time to hit the books and re-examine your approach to the game. Being a sucka ain't balla.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 AM

what's the big deal in paying, as long as you have fun and get laid... Also, take her to relatively inexpensive dinners, happy hours, mexican food ect.. the bill should be about 40 bucks with drinks