Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Hi

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when you get around to making your thread, I'd love to see a list of these "natural" monopolies.

[/ QUOTE ] I won't be starting a thread because this isn't of that much interest to me, but a natural monopoly is an industry where the average costs per unit continue to decrease as the size of the firm grows.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks dad. That's what ACists have been doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am yet to see an ACist do this.

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. It means it's impossible to know until it happens.

[/ QUOTE ] Some things are impossible to know, but it is an awefully big assumption to assume that because you don't know, it will continue to be unknown until it happens. Declaring things that are unknown to you as unknowable to society at large is probably not the best way to proceed.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:02 PM

The question that appeared here has been asked and answered. I think I have been very clear on my view of repetitive material.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some things are impossible to know, but it is an aweful big assumption to assume that because you don't know, it will continue to be unknown until it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that big an assumption, didn't you see his evolution example?

[ QUOTE ]
Declaring things that are unknown to you as unknowable to society at large is probably not the best way to proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it's true?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys should use my organized debate idea. So many threads come down to two people anyway. I'd tune it for that, depending on the topic and participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think setting up a weekly one on one debate could be interesting. We would probably need to do nominations for topics and debaters.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Hi *DELETED*

Post deleted by RR
Old 03-10-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, when you get around to making your thread, I'd love to see a list of these "natural" monopolies.

[/ QUOTE ] I won't be starting a thread because this isn't of that much interest to me, but a natural monopoly is an industry where the average costs per unit continue to decrease as the size of the firm grows.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great. I'm actually on-topic since I'm getting you to give us a demonstration of why "off topic threads are verboten" is a doomed policy. And you're off-topic and in violation of the new regime's rules.

I know *what* a natural monopoly is. I asked you for a list of actual examples. An industry where consumers were actively harmed by the introduction of competition would satisfy this request. Should be pretty easy.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks dad. That's what ACists have been doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am yet to see an ACist do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not be looking very hard. In fact, this is the essence of AC. If one could determine the solution that would emerge from a market, one could use central planning to impose that solution. If your conjecture were true, it would be a slam-dunk argument *against* free markets.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. It means it's impossible to know until it happens.

[/ QUOTE ] Some things are impossible to know, but it is an awefully big assumption to assume that because you don't know, it will continue to be unknown until it happens. Declaring things that are unknown to you as unknowable to society at large is probably not the best way to proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, great seer, how is a totally free market going to deal with copyright, national defense, health care and education? How much research will be needed to provide these answers?

To the other mods: how long will you allow this person to derail the OP? This forum is borderline unreadable.

[/ QUOTE ]

pvn,
There is no forum-wide policy that ALL "off-topic" comments in ALL threads are verbotem. It will be a subjective standard. Censored merely made a specific request regarding, specifically, statist versus AC debates, that is all.

Regards,
--jman220
Old 03-10-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be a subjective standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I long to play poker under subjective rules.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called the Will to Power, my friend.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably already do.

http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/poker/chapter2.php

[ QUOTE ]
8. The same action may have a different meaning, depending on who does it, so the possible intent of an offender will be taken into consideration. Some factors here are the person’s amount of poker experience and past record.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2007, 04:03 PM

This is what we get for bringing the B&M mod in. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]