40 - 50% 8 10.67%
50 - 60% 5 6.67%
60 - 70% 2 2.67%
70 - 80% 6 8.00%
80 - 90% 6 8.00%
90 - 100% 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Al Gores a Hypocrite (Obviously)

Okay then. If Gore gave a damn about what he says, wouldn't he live in a smaller, more energy-efficient home?

That would be the best way to reduce his "carbon footprint" correct? Is this man truly interested in reducing his carbon footprint?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That report is [censored] stupid. Of course his MANSION uses more electricity than an average home. Its prolly 20 [censored] times the size of an average home.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of the point though. If he cares so much about conservation, why does he live in a mansion in the first palce?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So... when the Earth gets hotter, CO2 levels rise in response and cool it off? The CO2 levels in that graph certainly seem to be following the temperature, not preceding. And the drops are even more obvious. Why would the temperature drop so much faster than the CO2 levels if the CO2 levels are at fault? And also... how is one sample from one spot on the planet anything resembling a significant sample size. I beat AA with 72o once too.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 AM

Wow, you might be on to something that none of the thousands of scientists who are researching this issue in depth have considered. How do I nominate you for a Nobel Prize?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Al Gore's bill is so high because the majority, if not all of the energy he uses is Green Energy, which costs much more than normal energy sources. What carbon emissions he does use he purchases carbon offsets (ie, investing in renewable energy, planting trees).

Furthermore, Al Gore doesn't ask people to completely give up their lifestyle and live in small houses. It isn't about riding bicycles everywhere and living in huts. It's about taking reasonable steps to reduce their carbon footprint, such as using efficient light bulbs and fuel efficient cars.

What's important is not that Al Gore doesn't use any carbon emissions whatsoever, it's that he's taken steps to reduce that. The Gore family has done far and away more than most families to do that.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Oh please, it's like if you care about starvation in Africa then you should never eat sweets and other excessive foods. It's not like people who care about the climate should move into a tent and eat berries. The biggest problem here is the industrial pollution. You can do certain steps in your private life to contribute but it doesn't mean you have to become mother Teresa.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem here is the industrial pollution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the gas-guzzling SUV's and inefficient lightbulbs?
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you might be on to something that none of the thousands of scientists who are researching this issue in depth have considered. How do I nominate you for a Nobel Prize?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm sure most of them have. What's your point? Maybe I should have responded with the same thing you just said to that graph instead? It works just as well as a response to just about anything said on this subject.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem here is the industrial pollution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the gas-guzzling SUV's and inefficient lightbulbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. I've always thought it's been obvious that the industrial pollution is the biggest "culprit" here. I don't have any statistics though.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm sure most of them have. What's your point? Maybe I should have responded with the same thing you just said to that graph instead? It works just as well as a response to just about anything said on this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to argue global warming, you should really take the line that reduces the impact that warming will have. The one thing virtually all scientists agree on is that the earth is in fact getting warmer, and increasing CO2 emissions are to blame.

Check out wacki's site here

http://www.logicalscience.com/climat...ange_intro.htm