Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 24 2/26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with El D. Do you people change the channel every time FOX airs a 24 commercial too? I thought it was previously agreed that anything that has aired is fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I stick my fingers in my ear and yell "la la la la" like a 10 year-old. No, really.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 AM

Do you people change the channel every time FOX airs a 24 commercial too?

I don't watch commercials. Ever.

With that being said I guess I don't care that much. I generally try to avoid previews but it's not like my week is shot if I get a little taste of what Hiro has planned for the upcoming week.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another nitpick. In season 4, we first see Jack wearing a suit and working for the DOD. He ended up "dying" and going in hiding. In season 5, Jack came back from hiding to save the day but was eventually kidnapped and held in captivity for 18 months. Today (season 6) is the first day back from China.

So where the hell did Jack find a business suit that fits him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same size as Logan, or one of the Secret Service agents that work there. I'd guess they probably keep a change of clothing in lockers in a guest house or security building.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with El D. Do you people change the channel every time FOX airs a 24 commercial too? I thought it was previously agreed that anything that has aired is fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I stick my fingers in my ear and yell "la la la la" like a 10 year-old. No, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I was wondering if the passages Logan has memorised are some sort of "bible code" for the Russian consul, who will begin to plot to flood the US market with handles of stoli, thereby having a day which destabilising the government and the economy in one fell swoop.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

PREVIEW "SPOILER"

--
<font color="white">I'm looking forward to 24 entering the previously uncharted territory of Jack getting into it with foreign diplomats inside their consulate/embassy/whatever.</font>
--

BTW, I think considering previews "spoilers" is dumb. If you are that sensitive about this stuff, DON'T READ A THREAD ON 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only dumb b/c the 'scenes from next week' have become ludicrous - there is almost no suspense or msytery anymore.

also, they shouldn't have killed Curtis, he was an awesome character that they haven't come close to replacing. they could have come up with a better vehicle for showing us that Jack was still bad-ass.

he could have killed a million chinamen or something
Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he could have killed a million chinamen or something

[/ QUOTE ]

is that the preferred nomenclature?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:53 AM

also, they shouldn't have killed Curtis, he was an awesome character

One of the things that was cool about the show was the idea that no one is safe. You were always on the edge of your seat because you never knew if they were going to off your favourite character. In hindsight they may have taken this too far - Tony, Michelle, Palmer and wife, Edgar, Curtis, etc...

All the characters I was invested in are gone. All that's left is Jack (who was in all of 5 minutes of the last episode) and Chloe (who the writers are destroying by having her chase down AA sponsors instead of working covertly with Jack).

I don't know how they fix this? We need some of those types of characters to return. Zombie Tony? You can have the most bad ass storyline in 24 history but if you don't care about the characters you cannot build any tension.

Also if you're going to kill off one of your main guys have it make sense. Black Bauer should never have gone down like that.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 PM

This show sucks when Jack isn't kicking ass...how hard is it for them to realise this
Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 PM

How can anyone say Curtis was an awesome character. He had no more personality than any of the other faceless agents. He was Agent Baker with more face time. (And if you ask, "who's Agent Baker", that's exactly my point--he was a step above a generic field agent in seasons 1-2 (and only because he had a name.)

Whether or not you liked Chase (season 3), he had a personality and screen time. Curtis has had neither.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM

I'm sorry, I love this show way too much to besmirch it. Yes I have noticed its weaknesses. Yes I wish they would do some things differently, but IDK about most of yall, my standards for entertainment are not high enuff to nitpick @ every little thing. I've watched a ton of TV since I purchased a TiVo, and nothing compares to this show.

TV shows (in general) are much weaker as they age and I can ignore the little things that piss me off to be entertained instead.