Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Drunkest athlete you have ever seen in person is...

[ QUOTE ]

They go to the bar and order shots. Peja turns around about to pound his shot and utters the now infamous line "Whoooo's going home with Peeejjjaaaaaaa?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for my new line, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 AM

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

If you replace the beer with a football, that's pretty much what he always looks like.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside, what athletes have you ran into outside their normal "court."

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe I'm supposed to be studying for a midterm so instead I'll post some stories.

On the first day of the Iraq war I was in San Francisco for some protests, and had become part of a sort of advance team that was moving a couple blocks ahead of the main march and shutting down traffic/blocking the main street for the March. (incidentally our rallying cry was "take the bridge! as we marched on the golden gate but the crowd did not comply) Anyway I ran up to the next street to block with 2 or 3 other people and the first car we stopped was a silver Escalade, that def had some custom rims. Hmm. . .escalade. . .custom. . .gotta be an athlete! I went around to the driver side and Bobby Sura was driving, with a couple other guys in the car. Luckily for Bob he had posted a triple double in the warriors game two nights before and I'd been watching. Now understand, if we blocked him here, he was stuck. Traffic on the street behind had filled in and there was nowhere to go, and as he rolled down the window to ask wtf was going on I made a quick executive decision, said "nice triple double bobby" and yelled at the other guys to let this one last car through.

Another fun one: this past summer I was hanging out with some friends in San Francisco after going to bars and there was a group of maybe 15 people at my buddy's place including some random 49ers backup lineman with his gf. He was pretty laid back and just hanging out, not really drunk as they were getting ready for minicamp or training camp or something. Anyway, a friend of mine who is a Raiders diehard at some point wanders over to the 49er lineman, and stops in front of him kinda swaying. He looks him up and down, gathers his breath for a second, then says: "49ers? man, [censored] the 49ers! RAIDERS BABY YEAH!" and

OPEN HAND SLAPS THE LINEMAN IN THE FACE.

Everyone immediately goes dead silent, all eyes are on this 49ers player, and he stops quiet and thinks for a second, and then just starts laughing and says: "haha, you're drunk" Zero conflict whatsoever and my friend didn't even remember it the next day though he thinks its the funniest thing he's ever heard.

Also Mike Dunleavy ditched his girlfriend at some bar I was at in SF, and she came up to us looking for him.
"Hi, have you seen my boyfriend? he's a basketball player"
"Oh, you mean the 6'10 sleepy looking white guy that was here a minute ago? nope, haven't seen him"
Old 02-16-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bronson Arroyo pulling Northeastern tail. Sources say his wife was not amused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha that girl is from my roomates town and she had to transfer from Northeastern to get out of Boston.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 AM

why?