Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: attention morons who thought that chris angel was real

[ QUOTE ]
yeah the prestige was hot. and what's up with that other one starting ed norton? it looked like the same exact movie

[/ QUOTE ]

You're referring to the Illusionist, which came out before The Prestige.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Ok, this one was fake, but you have to admit that some of his stuff is 100% authentic magic.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 AM

I hate it when people try to feel smart and declare that magic is fake.

Of course it is, you idiots. Theres nothing wrong with it, its entertainment. These people are not frauds the whole point of a magician is to do unbelievable tricks. It wouldn't entertaining if everyone figured it out right away. The fact that a few morons really believe these guys can do real magic is a testament to the unbeleivable slight of hand skill they posess.

In fact many magicians like Penn and Teller and Randi actively speak out against real frauds who use illusion and manipulation to get the best of people in an immoral way.

[censored], ask yourself why you hate Chris Angel. I think you are jealous.

[ QUOTE ]
He obviously has supernatural powers, and is using them to create a better world, by performing street magic..

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXcWw...ed&search=
Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 AM

I hate chris angel because he has taken something extremely cool, magic, illusions, slight of hand and turned into something extremely [censored] retarded by using fake audiences, special effects and camera tricks. He has raised the expectations of "magic" to a point where the truly cool [censored] which requires actual skill is now no longer considered special.

ya I'm real [censored] jealous of that phoney
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 AM

Stooges aren't super rare in real magic acts either, but when they're used, it usually comes off really badly. ESP-type acts specialize in this. Steve Martin has done a few funny bits that riff on stuff like this -- a magician doing ridiculously fake stuff that some stooge pretends to be astounded by.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'd never speak to someone again if they made it clear that they "believed" in magic.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a thread about ghosts a couple months ago. does that qualify?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was robbed by a ghost once...so they are def real!

[/ QUOTE ]

a ghost was ridin' my whip the other day

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate chris angel because he has taken something extremely cool, magic, illusions, slight of hand and turned into something extremely [censored] retarded by using fake audiences, special effects and camera tricks. He has raised the expectations of "magic" to a point where the truly cool [censored] which requires actual skill is now no longer considered special.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a basically awesome observation, except that the stuff that requires the most skill has long been only a tiny amount of the magic you see given real credit or performed. A good coin or card manipulator can do astounding things, and it takes years of practice. But close-up magic doesn't have the obvious big-stage appeal, and is harder to sell as an act than something big and flashy. So we rarely get to see what is at least to me the very highest levels of illusion -- stuff done right up in front of your face, that you feel you could reach right out and touch, that astounds you and feels like it's bending your mind to see happen. Unfortunately, it's been that way for a long time.

I bet most of the best magicians are basically unknown. The ones you get to see are generally just good stage presenters of perfectly unexceptional stuff.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 AM

Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) you are jealous cus he got a 100Mil contract at the Aladin
2)Anytime he amazes a hot chick on the street, she wants to suk him off
3) If you can figure out how he does his tricks, then you can hate him all you want and criticize him all you want. But just bc you can't figure it out, you automatically accuse him of using stooges and wires and camera tricks. How can he be ruining magic when he is taking it onto the streets? Magic on a stage with dark backgrounds and rotating stages is way less impressive and much more likely to use stooges than magic out in the street with 100 people watching and cars driving by.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 AM

Personally i like the big stage stuff a lot better than close up, i mean close up is cool but you forget about it in a week. I remember growing up seeing people like david copperfield moving mountains and making 747 dissapear. You know it isn't real but holy [censored] how do they do that. I remember seeing D.C. walk through the great wall of china. You can figure out street magic by going on the internet but the big stuff is the things you will never know.