Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Big D.Negreanu disses Joe Rogan

[ QUOTE ]
on a side note.

Silva's destruction of Franklin, could possibly be the most thorough professional ass beating of all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

UFC fighters are really horrible strikers in general. Anderson Silva is not even that good. he put a hurting on on franklin though
Old 01-31-2007, 01:10 PM

1. Joe Rogan is one of the best active comedians around right now. A lot of people don't like his stuff because it isn't the standard, boring, setup-punchline-setup-punchline-funny voice routine that a lot of comedians do, it's more story and thought orented, in the Bill Hicks vein (see also: Doug Stanhope, the best active comedian out there right now).

2. I haven't heard the specific broadcast, but I have been listening to O&A for a good while now, and a soild reoccuring "bit" that they do is having on someone who hasn't heard much of the show before and playing a kind of good cop-bad cop with them, with one of two of them asking seemingly normal interview questions, and someone else acting like an ass, or having something inturupting them constantly. It's actually pretty funny since the mark doesn't realize whats going on, even afterward, as it looks like O&A are trying to conduct a normal interview when in actuality they are just setting the mark up for 15 minutes. Seems like this may have been the case here although I'd have to listen to it to be sure.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Joe Rogan is one of the best active comedians around right now. A lot of people don't like his stuff because it isn't the standard, boring, setup-punchline-setup-punchline-funny voice routine that a lot of comedians do, it's more story and thought orented, in the Bill Hicks vein (see also: Doug Stanhope, the best active comedian out there right now).

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I haven't heard the specific broadcast, but I have been listening to O&A for a good while now, and a soild reoccuring "bit" that they do is having on someone who hasn't heard much of the show before and playing a kind of good cop-bad cop with them, with one of two of them asking seemingly normal interview questions, and someone else acting like an ass, or having something inturupting them constantly. It's actually pretty funny since the mark doesn't realize whats going on, even afterward, as it looks like O&A are trying to conduct a normal interview when in actuality they are just setting the mark up for 15 minutes. Seems like this may have been the case here although I'd have to listen to it to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Simple situation: Anthony was playing in the invitational tournament, Opie, Jimmy, and Rogan were on the radio. They interviewed Ed Asner, who called Opie a "destroyer." Then they had Negreanu on, who didn't know exactly what he was getting in to. Rogan was going off, not being particularly funny (like usual). DN mentions he just broke up with his fiancée, Joe Rogan says, "Whenever a girlfriend breaks up with me, I always imagine her being [censored] by some big black guy." He made some references to DN's ex-fiancée being face down on a couch being nailed by a black guy, and then some reference to cum in her eyse. Yeah, I get it, the old "girlfriend getting banged by a black guy" joke is HILARIOUS every time some hack digs it up.

Moral: O+A and Jimmy - hilarious. Rogan - not so much.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Rogan comedy

Youtube link.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:44 PM

I didn't like the bits of the Man Show that I saw. I think Fear Factor is stupid. Joe Rogan is reasonably good at announcing MMA, however. He was (and probably still is) pretty good at Tae Kwon Do. He makes fun of himself for it, suggesting that it is not a real martial art. I think he could take more 5 year olds than Sklansky could (despite the fact that DS is surprisingly strong). I'm disappointed when Rogan isn't announcing UFC events.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 AM

Pretty much DN got interviewed by three guys who didn't know him from Adam. (Opie, Rogan, and Lil' Jimmy). If Anthony was busted and doing interviews we wouldn't be talking about this today.
I'm not a huge Rogan fan but he was trying to be cringe with a guy who doesn't like that type of humor. Doesn't exactly make for good radio if the guy isn't going with it and is also too nice to be confrontational and DN is both of these things.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:07 AM

I'm a pretty big O&A fan (although I haven't been listening as much over the last few months...I've finally realized the brilliance of Ron and Fez), and I remember this interview vividly. I'll see if I can't find it and upload it somewhere.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 AM

Who

[censored]

Cares??
Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 AM

uh, possibly the 60 some people who have replied to this thread and the thousands who have viewed the thread? don't be such an ass.

anyway, I haven't been able to find the clip on any of the fan sites, but I found the classic Ed Asner interview from earlier in that day.

http://www.foundrymusic.com/audio.cfm?id=9589

This kind of shows some of the good cop-bad cop stuff GambleAB mentioned. Anthony, a big poker fan is off playing in the event (the WPT Celebrity Invitation in Feb 05) while Opie and Jim Norton, the two other every day members of the show conduct the show off the tournament floor, along with show friends Joe Rogan and Rich Vos.

As celebrities were knocked out, the producers would try and grab them to do a quick interview. They got Ed Asner on, and Opie, who fans know is an evil evil evil [censored], keeps pissing off Asner, while Norton plays nice with him, sucking up to his liberal viewpoints even though he hates most liberals. The four of them have absolutely no clue about anything poker related, so they just try and goof on people and have a good time, making for some really awkward "cringe radio" moments.

Here's a short video clip of Norton asking Asner a non-question question, a bit he uses on almost all guests who don't know anything about the show

http://www.foundrymusic.com/video.cfm?id=9564
Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM

there is a classic joe rogan myspace argument posted around the web...

ah, here it is, on rogan's myspace.

linky