Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Calling down with the Nuts!

Here is the thing, on the river this hand is about only a bluff catcher, nothing else. And if its a bluff its a 3-barrel bluff (4-barrel if including preflop) and people dont do them often at all.

I play higher stakes than this, but whatever stakes I play I have a simple rule that saves me lots of trouble. I dont do 3-barrel bluffs (except in very rare occassions with the perfect opponent and the perfect board) and I assume other players doesnt do them either.

Calling this river is a huge spew.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop i dont like.. flop i dont really like..

meh i prob fold river as you butchered this hand bigstyle..

If he has an ace- you only beat AQ A9 A8.. he can have JT KJ QK.. anything...........

WAHHHH RR PF and BET the flop.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

no dont bet the flop. ok i see how everyone wants to fold here and given hte way hero played it i absolutley hate a fold. because of his play we have to call because yes villain could be value betting a worse hand here alot of the time.

had he RR pre check this flop and called then led the turn and still faced aggression, then river could be a clear fold. but in this instance because hero looks so weak i think it warrants a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were villain here, would you bet all 3-streets with AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i almost did at foxwoods the other night, till the river paired, with AJ. im a nit too. limps in a few spots to me and i riase AJo 3 off the button, get 2 callers. flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7:diamnod: i fire and get one call from a tight player, turn is an 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and i bet again he called and i thought i might need to value bet here because of the way he played his hand. he dark checks and river is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so i decide to check behind here and villain shows down AQ. there was no way with his passive play i could put him on that hand. he limp check calls check calls 2 streets with draws all over the place.

i dont fault hero for a crying call given the way he played the hand. and had i bet my hand on the river i wouldnt fault villain for a crying river call either.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM

c
c
c
f

It takes a special type of NIT (50 hands Bwahahahaaaa) that will bet PF UTG and all three streets with Ax where x=garbage. The BEST you can hope for is a chop.... and hopefully you figured it out on the turn and folded. I wouldn't have, but my mind is often clouded over when holding AKs.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop i dont like.. flop i dont really like..

meh i prob fold river as you butchered this hand bigstyle..

If he has an ace- you only beat AQ A9 A8.. he can have JT KJ QK.. anything...........

WAHHHH RR PF and BET the flop.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

no dont bet the flop. ok i see how everyone wants to fold here and given hte way hero played it i absolutley hate a fold. because of his play we have to call because yes villain could be value betting a worse hand here alot of the time.

had he RR pre check this flop and called then led the turn and still faced aggression, then river could be a clear fold. but in this instance because hero looks so weak i think it warrants a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were villain here, would you bet all 3-streets with AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i almost did at foxwoods the other night, till the river paired, with AJ. im a nit too. limps in a few spots to me and i riase AJo 3 off the button, get 2 callers. flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7:diamnod: i fire and get one call from a tight player, turn is an 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and i bet again he called and i thought i might need to value bet here because of the way he played his hand. he dark checks and river is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so i decide to check behind here and villain shows down AQ. there was no way with his passive play i could put him on that hand. he limp check calls check calls 2 streets with draws all over the place.

i dont fault hero for a crying call given the way he played the hand. and had i bet my hand on the river i wouldnt fault villain for a crying river call either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you almost did, but still didn't. More importantly, this situation is quite a bit different. Different board, different preflop action, etc. I would have checked behind the turn, and called a river bet in the foxwoods hand FWIW.

I think a river call in OPs hand is really bad.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Its a huge difference between holding AQ on an A6788 and AJ7T3 board. Esp vs a somewhat tight preflop raiser.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Why not 3bet preflop?