bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I thought $80 was the min. $40 sure would keep me out of trouble. Man I'd feel like a dick though. (cue exasperation)

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh...it would help when we talk if you gave me some indication when you have no idea what i'm talking about. yes, shortbuying is done at the min, $40 for 1/2. if you get too $100 your not short, and you leave.

edit-people think your a dick, so what! you are a dick, ruining there for fun game to take their money. live with it.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I thought $80 was the min. $40 sure would keep me out of trouble. Man I'd feel like a dick though. (cue exasperation)

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh...it would help when we talk if you gave me some indication when you have no idea what i'm talking about. yes, shortbuying is done at the min, $40 for 1/2. if you get too $100 your not short, and you leave.

edit-people think your a dick, so what! you are a dick, ruining there for fun game to take their money. live with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, everybody here thinks I'm a dick. I've learned to live with it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 PM

I reckon if you own a mac you have to an alright guy
Old 01-19-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never understood what is dickish about buying in for the minimum.....ofc I don't do it tho, lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason is that the proper response to the shortstack cuts into a good deal of profitable opportunities to play against other deep stacks. So it just creates a less profitable (and less enjoyable, for some) game, particularly when combined with ratholing.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm such an idiot. I'm also a liability with too many buy-ins. I'm going to try this short stacking idea. I mean, I know this kind of play backwards and forwards. Probably better than NL cash players at ginormous levels.

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... how am I supposed to know when I have no idea what I'm talking about? When we talked about it at the USP thing we were talking about 2/4 and 80 is the min. I just forgot when I was playing 1/2 that it went down to 40.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... how am I supposed to know when I have no idea what I'm talking about? When we talked about it at the USP thing we were talking about 2/4 and 80 is the min. I just forgot when I was playing 1/2 that it went down to 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

suz, this shortstacking is our deal. I'm telling you. Can you imagine the anger once players get to know you? They'll be calling your 20BB AK push with A6o all the time cause they hate your guts.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd split the difference somewhat, so maybe 40-50 short stack buyins, as opposed to 25-30 for deep stack, or 100 or so for STTs.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:58 PM

Made my first foray into NL cash today after a horrible month or so at SNGs. 4 tabled $200 6 max for 1000 hands. Made 12PTBB/100. Wheeeeee! Might actually get back to making a living at this game if this keeps up.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 AM

Respond Plz

Folding KK