Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Tuesday start?

[ QUOTE ]
This is awful. I remember years ago when that guy mentioned that he used to play professional soccer in germany. And he even went to lengths in giving me details about it. I am an avid soccer fan and that is maybe another reason why i remember this story. But after seeing this picture there is no chance in hell that anyone closely resembling this complexion could have played top flight professional soccer in germany, there is a small chance he might have played in the lower divisions but i highly doubt that.

Why the hell would he make all that up? WHat, he wanted to impress some people on the internet, or was he getting kicks thinking that he could take people for rides and tell them all sorts of stories?

I think you will be better off if you clear up a few things samo, because this is really disappointing

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it was iceland, not germany. I thought of it like an intramural college team. and it's true, I think there may be one Indian pro soccer player in europe, so he wouldn't be slipping under the radar. but this indian/soccer/iceland combo does not add up at all.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is awful. I remember years ago when that guy mentioned that he used to play professional soccer in germany. And he even went to lengths in giving me details about it. I am an avid soccer fan and that is maybe another reason why i remember this story. But after seeing this picture there is no chance in hell that anyone closely resembling this complexion could have played top flight professional soccer in germany, there is a small chance he might have played in the lower divisions but i highly doubt that.

Why the hell would he make all that up? WHat, he wanted to impress some people on the internet, or was he getting kicks thinking that he could take people for rides and tell them all sorts of stories?

I think you will be better off if you clear up a few things samo, because this is really disappointing

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it was iceland, not germany. I thought of it like an intramural college team. and it's true, I think there may be one Indian pro soccer player in europe, so he wouldn't be slipping under the radar. but this indian/soccer/iceland combo does not add up at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

he played for an team in iceland as well as another team in the states.

im going to leave it up to him to give out those details if he wants. not really my place.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM

fsu do you still believe that he played MLS? If so, why is google not showing up with anything.

Genuinely curious,

Dean
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

dean,

again, its not my place to discuss his life on this forum, but i did talk on im to him about it, and what he said all adds up for me. he said that the level and teams he played for werent anything a good D1 soccer player couldnt attain, but yes, he did play pro soccer for a short time in the states and for a while in iceland.

it was 10yrs ago that he played, so im not suprised its hard to find info about it.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fsu do you still believe that he played MLS? If so, why is google not showing up with anything.

Genuinely curious,

Dean

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he said that he was merely a substitute for a few weeks during the first year of the Major Leuage. Someone being stuck on the bench for just a brief time might not have been registered and therefore it is not googleable.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 PM

dean, im not sure what he claimed but usa has other soccer leagues like A-league and various indoor leagues.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 PM

twang-

ding ding ding
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Im waiting for someone to challenge him to a 50k soccer match. How has this not happened yet??
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM

I'll challenge him to a 50k truth contest. Or 50k fight. Either way is cool.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:45 PM

i really doubt that professional outdoor 11 man soccer existed in iceland 10 yrs ago