Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Durrrr playing 10-20nl

[ QUOTE ]
bluffthis is right pretty much everytime he gets into an arguement, but since he isnt that popular and doesnt post ginormous wins, nobody wants to listen. they'd rather just blindly follow whoever is making the big bucks that month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly. His logic is often times very shady, and he makes ridiculous assumptions about the people who disagree with him.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 AM

actually, his arguements are nearly always better than whoever else is debating him, he just has the habit of supporting it with little tidbits and facts that make people upset. ie the brandi situation, he was certainly right, but could have used different examples and similies that would have been in 'better taste', while still getting his point across.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 AM

But thats exactly my point. His examples show a very bad sense of logic sometimes.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, his arguements are nearly always better than whoever else is debating him, he just has the habit of supporting it with little tidbits and facts that make people upset. ie the brandi situation, he was certainly right, but could have used different examples and similies that would have been in 'better taste', while still getting his point across.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fsuplayer,
Are you suggesting judging how good a player is by the quality of their strategy posts is logical and a good argument
Old 01-21-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is all assuming durr follows current tax law, which i have no idea if he plans to or not. i know his roommate raptor isnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Has this been discussed anywhere?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is all assuming durr follows current tax law, which i have no idea if he plans to or not. i know his roommate raptor isnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Has this been discussed anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know what if anything is being implied here but I remember raptor posting how he records every session he plays on a spreadsheet for tax purposes.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:49 PM

fsu he was 100% wrong in the big NVG thread discussing Durr's PLO strategy in a HU hand - despite being called out on it many times he has failed to admit he was totally wrong.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What would the proper line on the bet on who makes more money at poker in 2007?

I'm thinking it's approximately:

BluffTHIS! +5000.
durrrr -5000.

It's also hilarious that BluffTHIS! makes fun of durrrr having to pay a lot of taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, he isnt. hes making fun of the fact that since durrr had a good late part of the year last year, he owes lots in taxes this year on april 15th. and since he is (by most accounts) down a lot in 2007, he now has much less cash to pay those aforementioned taxes. durrr gets screwed bc he has to pay taxes on last year, but is in the hole for this year, so its a double whammy.

if durr made 1.3 mil (pulled it out of my ass) last year and hasnt paid much in quarterly taxes, then lets say he owns 450k in taxes. but this year, if he started maybe 400k in the hole, now he still owes the 450k in taxes (since its a diff. tax year). so -850k in cash outflow. (again, this is using made up #'s, i dont have a clue what he actually made last year). this is compared with it all happening during a one year period, in which he wouldnt owe taxes on the 1.3 mil since he recently lost 400k. he would owe it on the 900k.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh... this is obvious. he's still making fun of durrrr having to pay taxes.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, his arguements are nearly always worse than whoever else is debating him, he also has the habit of supporting it with little tidbits and facts that make people upset. during the brandi situation, he was right about less than half of what he said, and also could have used different examples and similies that would have been in 'better taste', while still getting his point across. also whenever he's even partially right about anything he makes 10 posts making sure everyone notices and ignores all the times that he's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Golden,

"I often watch the big internet games and there are few if any more complicated a player than Durrr at PLO especially IMO. On his day, I think there's only Luigi, Benyamine, and Ram Vaswani (whenever he plays albeit occasionally) who maybe better."

"As far as the quote I've included, I'm a big fan on Phil Ivey but aaaaaagain, as long as Durrrr isn't running retardedly bad, I think Durrrr would take him in the long run."

I'm amazed that you and TT don't crush the big games what with your razor-sharp insights into the styles and relative matchups of all the highest stakes players.