Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: NYG offseason thread

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Belicheck couldn't've made that defense good. Honestly - our corners are HORRIBLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Belichek would not have had the corners laying 8 yards off receivers on 3rd and 5.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Belicheck couldn't've made that defense good. Honestly - our corners are HORRIBLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Belichek would not have had the corners laying 8 yards off receivers on 3rd and 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that simple. All teams do things like that form time to time, especially when their cornerbacks suck out loud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tim Lewis was not the problem. The problem was a lack of talent in the secondary and horrible injury problems in the front seven. And even with those handicaps, the Giants fielded league-average defenses the past two years.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that simple. All teams do things like that form time to time, especially when their cornerbacks suck out loud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tim Lewis was not the problem. The problem was a lack of talent in the secondary and horrible injury problems in the front seven. And even with those handicaps, the Giants fielded league-average defenses the past two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Lewis is the one calling the shots with regard to the Giants should sign or draft in the secondary, which I sincerely doubt.

Man, I hope the Giants steer clear of free agents this offseason. I'm afraid they will put themselves in salary cap hell if they continue to sign one big name bust every year.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Giants fire Tim Lewis

Hallelujah.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES YES YES!!!

RON RIVERA 4 GIANTS DC!

...Not gonna happen. But one can dream, right?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about Brian Belicheck, the Patriots coach? Is he supposed to be leaving New England after this season? I've seen his name for head coaching vacancies a few times now, what's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just wish lists. I guess Giants writers think the Giants HC job is more desirable than the Pats one. [censored] like this....

[/ QUOTE ]http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=298541&hl=bellicheck