Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: 3bet/fold

Retarded fold on riv IMHO.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:13 PM

even if the fold is theorhetically correct (which I'm not convinced of at all) these decisions don't make good sh lhe players. They aren't that important. I think it's bad to look for spots to make giant folds like these, not just because this individual hand is bad but because to be a tough winning sh player they shouldn't even be a part of your game.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if the fold is theorhetically correct (which I'm not convinced of at all) these decisions don't make good sh lhe players. They aren't that important. I think it's bad to look for spots to make giant folds like these, not just because this individual hand is bad but because to be a tough winning sh player they shouldn't even be a part of your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially against spewtard retardo aggressive unknown online monkeys who valuecap their 7 high flush.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I kinda agree and disagree. These decisions won't matter much in the long run, but if you run into a specific situation against a specific opponent, and you're 100% (or 99.5%) sure you're beat, then I don't see why you should call. In over 500K hands I have still only done this once, though there has been a few other occassions where I felt, that I should have.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 PM

http://www.fekali.com/izmet/2000/pok...rcoat-dilemma/
Old 01-25-2007, 08:18 AM

I refuse to read the rest of the posts cause this is awful bob what in the hell. Limit holdem is not about finding 1 bet river folds cause what does he have blah blah blah callllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 AM

Bob next time you're facing a river cap with the 3rd nuts getting 15-1 in SH limit poker, just call and if you're wrong send me the hand history and i'll refund you the $20 or whatever the bet is, in exchange for when you're right shipping me 1/2 of your profit from the pot.

If you're intending to three-bet for value, I hate folding to a river cap getting 15-1, because the river cap is way more often spew than the call of the cap is. Why can't he have 8s9s or a poorly played set here?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe you want to fold based on his stats after that anti-HUD thread you started.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you assuming i want to fold based on his stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it highly unlikely that in 150 hand sample you have divined his river capping range to be narrow enough to fold here. You have seen him at this point play how many hands that look similar to this one. 3? 2? 1? Your sample size is way to small unless you have specifically seen him be very weak on the river several times (which of courser if they were in this session might make him try to throw in some more bets since he has been missing them blatantly). 150 hands just ins't big enough to make these kinds of reads on this specific player unless it was a very exceptional 150 hand group.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM

At first I was like why the hell would this guy post a hand and then completely shout down everyone who disagreed with his play? But then I realized, nowhere in his OP did he ask a question or seek advice. He basically just said, look at this hand I played. In his follow-up posts he has said, I made a great decision in this hand, and pity to those who can't understand.

It was my fault for misreading the post as one that sought others' opinions on the play. In fact it is a lesson from the OP on how to make expert plays. I for one would like to thank the OP for this contribution to the poker literature, and look forward to seeing this hand as an example in his upcoming book on beating online limit holdem.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Why are you so [censored] obsessed with raise-folding? Here its awful, but in general it isn't as good a play as you think.