Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: BBV!!!! Help Me Get Fired From My Job

you trying to get fired to get Unemployment?

Remember, you can't collect if you get fired for misconduct.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM

yeah well the Jerk store called...they're running out of you!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 PM

but did you bang her?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently a few drops of visine in a cup of coffee works much better than exlax. I have a similiar problem with a coworker and have thought about trying this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that'll work... just not how you think it should.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

In June 2006, five Wisconsin high school students trying to pull the Visine prank poured about a quarter of a bottle of the eyedrops into a classmate's water. The victim spent several days in the hospital recovering from reactions to the poisoning that included a dangerously low heart rate and blood pressure.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:36 PM

**UPDATE**

At work right now, extremely hot chick has recently been hired.

Also 3 senior members in my department have recently quit to work for a different company leaving my department extremely short staffed.

Looks like they cant afford 2 lose anymore ppl, I dont think I was actually going get fired anyways the lady was just really bitter and apparently had been talking behind a lot of peoples backs. So it wasnt just me who was feeling this from her.

Anyway she just avoids me now, and im trying to avoid her. I was taking the elevator today and she opted to walk for the stairs instead holla.

So ya things are looking up.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Beat: 2 weeks into my employment I get into a argument with this total hag/bitch who unfortunately is very senior at the company. Basically she was talking down to me and I didnt stand for it. I wasnt that out of line but I let her know that I dont take [censored] from anyone when I dont deserve it.

(was this stupid of me to do? I guess I shoulda kept my mouth shut?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your strategy for dealing with the tyrannical boss is flawed, and if you continue this, you will get no where.

She probably was condescending to you because she see's you as low value. Putting social pressure on other people and watching them publicly fail is exactly how someone maintains and increases their dominance in a group.

The tyrannical boss is a major character flaw, which can be exploited. It stems from insecurity, among other things, and can be exploited quite easily, if you know how to go about it.

Taking [censored] from people is a major weakness. Resisting it also breaks one of the 48 laws to power, namely Law 9 "Win through your actions, never through argument". You must neither submit to nor resist their tyranny, simply reframe it and redirect it in a manner that maintains or increases your status and value without overtly disrespecting, embarrassing or undermining your boss' authority.

If they treat you like [censored], and they get no response from it, and somehow you turn the pressure back on them without losing control, without turning into an [censored], by maintaining your own status and dignity they quickly learn that strategy is a losing one with you.

So in order to deal with these people you need:

1. The boss must value you
2. Your colleagues must like or respect you, and you must have dominance in that group.
3. All bosses will put pressure on people, so make them think twice before putting pressure on you.Therefore, you return the pressure. Make them understand that putting pressure on you means pressure on them, but DO NOT return the pressure in the same tyrannical way in which it was dispensed to you.

With a boss you take their social pressure, redirect it, and return it. Make your boss jump through a hoop if she wants something from you.

This entire strategy can be summarised simply by being the True Alpha Male, the one who everybody likes, admires, wishes to emulate and who's approval they seek, and who's opinion they respect, whether they're your colleague or manager.

It takes an enormous self belief to resist the most tyrannical of managers, and successfully handle huge social pressure. But it can be done.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Welcome to women in the workplace. Throw some crack in her desk then call the cops. Works every time.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM

OP:

The answer here is obvious: Take the president out to lunch and explain to him in complete detail what originally transpired with the "senior" official. NAME NAMES. This discuss how she has been slandering your name.

Libel and slander suits are very costly for companies - don't threaten to file one, but make it clear to your president that such derogatory activity by a senior staff member is ... oh wait a minute ... I have an even better idea.

File a sexual harassment suit against the senior female officer. File it TODAY.

lol

AB
Old 01-04-2007, 08:45 PM

If you want to file a Title VII sexual discrimination/harrassment suit against your boss you usually have to get a Right To Sue letter from the EEOC first.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just make a milk chicken bomb. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this.