Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Lacking Motivation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.

OP just need to exercise to feel fresh again.

Or run really really hot.

And a girlfriend for some good night sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

like I said I do/have done all these things and still didnt enjoy poker that much. Running megahot at high stakes was the closest I got, but even that loses most of its excitement after awhile.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. im considering pulling all but like 10k out of my online accounts and investing every penny, then starting at like 1-2 nl and running it into a bajillion. thats about the only interesting thing i can think of doing. holla
Old 12-06-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

like I said I do/have done all these things and still didnt enjoy poker that much. Running megahot at high stakes was the closest I got, but even that loses most of its excitement after awhile.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. im considering pulling all but like 10k out of my online accounts and investing every penny, then starting at like 1-2 nl and running it into a bajillion. thats about the only interesting thing i can think of doing. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

do i smell a prop bet?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well thats awesome for you, (not being sarcastic). however, for me, i learned very early in life that i really hate being told what to do, and really really hate doing meaningless activities as a form of 'discipline'. anything that involves those type of activities im strongly against for my personal motivations. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol pwnd.

8th Leveled. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
Get into stocks. Stock trading is rich man's poker.

Also, buy a stock and see it go up in price and split is way more exciting and last longer than any poker hand.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 PM

"Thanks for some of the suggestions.

Just to clarify, the problem is not that I'm lacking a balanced life. The problem is just that I am feeling no satisfaction and reward from playing poker, which takes up a significant portion of my everyday life. I don't feel any REAL physical and mental challenges in my life, classes don't stimulate me as much as they should, nor does poker. My university offers a lot, but I don't find most people here to be truly passionately involved in something, and if they are, then I haven't found the right thing for me.

I have been withdrawing chunks of money to buy a car, a house, and invest in the market, and these concrete things will both help me secure my future and appreciate what poker has done for me, for a change. Also, charity and/or going to do some volunteer work sounds interesting.

I don't want to come across sounding like a spoiled prick but I guess people will always interpret what you say the wrong way. FWIW I don't take money granted and I worked 9-5 long enough to realize how hard 'real work' can be. "

Give me a friggin break. If I remember correctly, youre 20 years old and come from a rich family.

Youre not old enough to have "worked 9-5 long enough to realize how hard real work can be". What did you do, work at McDonalds for a summer?

Your a spoiled little rich prick who has no respect for money. I dont feel the least little bit sorry for you.

Go do some roofing work for a summer and see what real work is.
Work in a toll booth and see how bored you are.
Join the Army and see what its like to be ordered around all day and then get shot at for your troubles.

Or shut the hell up and use your god given ablity to make insane amounts of money while you sit in front of a computer in your underwear.

I hate to break it to you, but 99% of the world hate their jobs. They are bored and unfulfilled at their accounting job. They feel like Dilbert in their little work cubicle just praying the clock strikes 5PM so they can start all over again tomorrow.

Ive heard this story way too many times. Whhaaa whhaa, I make $10000s of dollars playing poker and Im bored, whhhaaa whhhaaaa.

Cry me a river, dude.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Jiffypop,

You sir are a douche. Why is it unreasonable for anyone, regardless of their income/situation, to try to lead a more fulfilling life? You certainly don't need to feel sorry for him, or any of us whiney poker pros, but there is nothing wrong with asking other poker players how to lead a more fulfilling and happy life.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jiffypop,

You sir are a douche. Why is it unreasonable for anyone, regardless of their income/situation, to try to lead a more fulfilling life? You certainly don't need to feel sorry for him, or any of us whiney poker pros, but there is nothing wrong with asking other poker players how to lead a more fulfilling and happy life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor people think money = happiness. Just ignore them.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:50 PM

Im not poor. Ive played Mr Crybaby in the 25/50 Full Tilt games. I make plenty of money myself.

He needs to grow up and be a man and quit crying.

I didnt say it was unreasonable for him to want a more fulfilling life, but he obviously has some personal issues he needs to work through and a public forum full of mostly under 25 year olds is not the place to ask for advice about these things.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM

Quit poker for a whole and go hump a 30-40 hr. a week job that only pays $7.00/hr while juggling school, family, and a girlfriend. See how every week you're barely making enough to make ends meet and struggle as a college student. I have been working crap jobs since I was 15 (19 now) and had to work A LOT. My parents had already put an older sibling through college, and had their business go bust so I've been supporting myself since middle teenhood.

Go live like people that would KILL to be where you're at and reappreciate your situation.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:06 PM

You’re a twenty year old college student with no financial obligations. If you don’t like playing poker then quit, the poker world will appreciate one less winner on the tables. Do you think people enjoy driving a cab 60 hours a week, or digging ditches twelve hours a day? No, they do it because they are responsible and have obligations to fulfill. They do it so they can afford things that a lot of people take for granted, like food. Not everyone has the mental capability to make thousands of dollars an hour, be thankful that you do. Respect the real world and real work, stop bitching about being gifted. It’s like bitching about having a big bird, you just don’t do it.