Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Post your \"surebets\"

ok i still dont understand the last one but i get the draw poker one now....you always will have a 10 or a 5 playing in your hand if you make a straight so by taking the 10's away you have secured for yourself the highest straight flush. im so smart ^_^
Old 11-19-2006, 05:03 PM

Along the same line as the saltine crackers bet, a spoonfull of cinnamon is nearly impossible to get down within a short period of time, say a minute. Most people can't even get it down whatsoever. Good party "game"
Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM

Try a tablespoon of nutmeg. You'll lose the bet, but they'll be sick and hallucinating for 3 days.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 PM

I can usually make a few bucks by betting someone that Reno Nevada is more west than Los Angeles California on a map.

my two scents [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with these is you have to get a total sucker. For MOST bets in this thread, actually. I guess the point is finding someone who's TOTALLY stupid and doesn't realize that anyone offering you these bets has a trick up their sleeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who fancies themselves as something of a drinker (i.e. most men) can be easily tricked into the pints vs shots one. Particularly if the hustler is a girl.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:41 PM

"ok i still dont understand the last one but i get the draw poker one now....you always will have a 10 or a 5 playing in your hand if you make a straight so by taking the 10's away you have secured for yourself the highest straight flush. im so smart ^_^ "

So you're picking the cards out of the deck or something? That's not really draw poker, and I don't see how you'll get someone to take you up on it.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're picking the cards out of the deck or something? That's not really draw poker, and I don't see how you'll get someone to take you up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rules that the cards are face up and they get to go last is what gets them in.
They figure all they have to do is see what you ended up with and pick something equal or better...or so they think.
It works well if you appear drunk when you propose it.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
Three old ones-but still work nicely.

1) Tell someone they suck at poker so bad that you will play them a hand of draw with the following rules. All the cards are face up, they can go last, after seeing what you dealt yourself. And not only will they not win, they will not even be able to tie you.
2) Offer this bet at the pool table: I'll give you ball in hand on the cue ball. You have to make the cue ball go at least 1 foot, and return exactly where it started, without hitting any rails. They get 3 tries, then you get 1 try.
3) This one requires some talent, however I have found that only about 1 in 10 can do this. Take a pack of cigarettes and stand it on it's edge so that the width of the pack is now the height. Pick up a pack of matches between your first and third fingers and place it on the top of the pack. The catch is that your middle finger must touch the tabletop at all times, move it and you lose.

This post is worthless without explanations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
1) Deal yourself the 4 tens. Then he deals. Now throw away 3 of the tens and draw to any available straight flush.
2) After he fails, put the cue ball in your hand, toss it in the air at least a foot, and catch it.
3) Not much to explain, however you can tease them by showing them how easy it is to do <u>without</u> the pack of matches(it's real easy). But with the matches between the fingers, it' not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't #2 possible without any sort of trickery? I'm not so good with a cue, but I imagine some people out there are capable of applying the correct spin to the cue ball to make it work.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i still dont understand the last one

[/ QUOTE ]

The last one is not really a trick, it's just one of those things that looks easy enough when you show them what to do, but is actually very difficult. If you are one of those people who can do it, you can drink for free all night. If you can't, well then you can't use this one.
Try it. Stand a pack of smokes on the side so that it is now about 2 in. high. Plant your middle finger on the table, pick up the matches between your first and third, and like a little forklift, set the matches onto the cigs. Lift your middle finger and you lose. Thats all there is to it.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't #2 possible without any sort of trickery? I'm not so good with a cue, but I imagine some people out there are capable of applying the correct spin to the cue ball to make it work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best trick artists can masse the ball, and it will return to where it started. But it will not return to <u>exactly</u> where it started. See, it will not stop.
<u>If</u> someone did that for me, I would gladly pay them off just to have seen it.