Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/10

Doug, thanks for giving us the opportunity to whine, moan, gripe, etc.

Many here have expressed thoughts on some of the following and I feel the need to share mine:

Resizable tables -- I could care less. I play 8 tables just fine on twin 20 flat panels.

Increasing NL buyins: I DO NOT understand what the big deal is. I have played short-stacked and "regular" stacked. I mix it up. I think this helps me in my overall development as a player. Being able to adapt to the game is crucial, having to have the game adapt to me is just plain dumb.

More variety in HU games: To each his own, personally I have little interest in this at this time. However, I can see where offering a wider variety might be good.

More variety in Deep Stack Games: See comments above.

Wider variety of mid/higher stakes games: See above

Changing player screen name: I would not mind being able to change my screen name periodically, once or twice a year. I do not think it is necessary, but its OK.

Additional items in the store: This would be nice.

The lag issue and disconnect issues: I very occassionally have any problems in these areas, so I can't comment.

Filters for the lobby: this WOULD be nice. I liked the custom filter and miss it, BUT I can work around what is there. It is a little more awkward as it is now, but workable.

"Sit out next blind" button: Now this is a REALLY good request.

All this being said, and some tings being overlooked, you are not going to be able to please everybody -- ESPECIALLY EVERYBODY HERE. I think FT is a great site and look foreward to playing there a long time.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get you guys? If you are playing those kinds of stakes, buying a couple of flat screens should be like buying a piece of gum, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I went from a 15" laptop screen to a 20" desktop just for the same resolution (1600x1050). Going to two large 20" screens to see the same thing I used to see on one 15" screen is obnoxious. I like to move my eyes, not my head, and it is quicker.

Besides, I already have three screens on my desk, I don't want a fourth [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
When you go from one monitor to two, you shouldn't have the same resolution... you should have 2x the number of pixels (e.g. going from 1600x1050 to 3200x1050).

[ QUOTE ]
Increasing NL buyins: I DO NOT understand what the big deal is. I have played short-stacked and "regular" stacked. I mix it up. I think this helps me in my overall development as a player. Being able to adapt to the game is crucial, having to have the game adapt to me is just plain dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not about having the game adapt to you. The fact of the matter is, short stacks don't have as much money on the table, meaning they'll lose to the better players slower. That's what the big deal is. If the default buy-in is changed to the maximum, there will probably be a slight increase in the amount of players buying in for the max, meaning higher winrates for the better players, e.g. me.

FTPDoug: You said that having a default 100BB would only *benefit* like 5% of players on your site. While this percentage may or may not be true (I'm thinking more like 15%+), it doesn't really HURT anybody. The majority of people buy in for the full amount, so it would simply be a convenience. I'm sure that wouldn't take more than a few minutes to change. It's great that you added deepstack tables though!

Do you have any kind of date (timeframe at least) when we'll be getting new items in the store and resizable tables? I'm really looking forward to both of these.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:53 AM

please do NOT do what absolute poker did! they changed their method of calculating rake to where they deduct "Prop" fees (BTW, prop fees are involved rake, so if prop money is subtracted from the gross rake, there could easily be almost nothing left for the affiliate!

AbsolutePoker Affiliate Terms and Conditions

[ QUOTE ]
2.6 "Net Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' rake contribution and tournament fees generated at Our Site less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to Players, processing charges and any other uncollectible revenue, as well as rake contributions by prop players. Rake contribution- determined as the quotient obtained when dividing the actual amount of each rake to which the Player had contributed divided by the total number of players at the table at the start of the hand. $5/10 game - $60 in the pot and $3 in rake, and 3 players involved. Player A contributed $10 Player B contributed $20 Player C contributed $30 Then A would be credited with $0.50 in rake, B with $1.00 in rake, and C with $1.50 in rake, proportional to the amount that they entered into the pot.

2.7 "Net Revenue Commission Plan" means we pay you based on a percentage of the Monthly Net Revenue generated by Players in accordance to section 2.6 above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2006, 02:34 AM

Doug - Just like 100 other people here, I'd like to reiterate - RESIZABLE TABLES! I'd quit playing at stars in a heartbeat.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:46 AM

getter better stuff in the points store.. ipods electronics etc..
Old 11-11-2006, 02:55 AM

Everyone claims you are rigged. Who do I email to have it in my favor?

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:56 AM

damn we americans are a needy bunch arent we? Love the site Doug. Would I like resizeable tables? sure. How about a better store? why not. Neither of them is taking away from the great experience Full Tilt gives thier player base as a SERVICE to us. I appreciate you sticking around for the US players and I appreciate that you are willing to listen to a bunch of whiny needy americans.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:29 AM

To jump on the bandwagon: resizeable tables.

The deep-stacked NL games is a nice addition. Any chance of deep-stacked PLO?

Lastly, is there any particular reason there's no game between 15/30 and 30/60? Would 20/40 or 25/50 muddy the waters too much, given the relatively small player pool at those limits?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-11-2006, 03:46 AM

I think even those of us who multitable can agree that some players really slow down the games. How about a universal clock? You get, say, 5 seconds for every action plus an extra 60 seconds per hour across all your tables.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think even those of us who multitable can agree that some players really slow down the games. How about a universal clock? You get, say, 5 seconds for every action plus an extra 60 seconds per hour across all your tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an unusual request. FT gives you almost no time to act and you want it even faster? WOW!