Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 09:44 AM

Default Re: The 2008 Campaign has begun

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My picks are Hillary and McCain.

[/ QUOTE ]You will, most probably, see nothing serious about Hillary in the media from now until she gets the nomination. From that moment onwards, she will be torn apart by the GOP.

I cannot believe that the Democrats are so keen to self-destruct once again and to field an unelectable candidate, but lots of things happen which I find unbelievable.

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see Edwards/Obama on the ticket.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From that moment onwards, she will be torn apart by the GOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

From that moment onwards, she will be torn apart by her own avarice .

FYP

NeBlis
Old 11-13-2006, 01:28 PM

If Rudy runs for the republicans would he be able to win the state of NY? Obviously what it comes down to is getting 270 electoral votes and that would be 33 the republicans generally don't get. That would make up for potentially losing states like Ohio that may have turn blue.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:09 PM

Obama should defiantly get a Mexican VP like Dave Chappele says to stop assassination attempts. Seemed to work for Bush having a VP that is even more feared as President by your enemies.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:54 PM

Hmmm...I think Biden has a chance, especially if the US goes with the "Biden plan" as a political solution for Iraq. If it looks like it is working a year and a half form now, that will help.

Plus he is one of the few dems that can express himself without sounding like a total phony or a wimp.

Having said that, I don't think he'll get the nomination, though at this point, he would be my preference. Plus it would be weird to see a Biden/McCain race. There would be a lot of voters who wouldn't know which was which.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I laugh every time I see stem cells brought up. Its no big deal!!! As far as I know there isnt a single embryonic stem cell project that has been successful or even shown any promise. Every stem cell therapy that has worked has been adult stem cells from the patient himself.

Embryonic stem cells are the biggest politico-science red herring ever, and the balance in Washington may have changed because of it. Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copernicus,

Are you a biologist? I've been to a few seminars where biologists talk about their labs, and the common theme is that stem cell research is the future of biology. Intuitively you would think embryonic stem cells have to be better, since they are more flexible, but people are afraid to get involved in that line of research, because they want to stay politically correct, so they go with the adult stuff. That was the impression I got.

Of course one thing that I've heard, which I never see in the media, is that mothers retain embryonic stem cells after their child is born. I don't know where that fits in, or why it doesn't get more publicity.

Regardless, it is likely to remain a charged political issue, for the simple reason that it's a clear demonstration of 21st/11th century government telling scientists not to make certain types of discoveries. It makes for good story.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Rudy runs for the republicans would he be able to win the state of NY? Obviously what it comes down to is getting 270 electoral votes and that would be 33 the republicans generally don't get. That would make up for potentially losing states like Ohio that may have turn blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guiliani cannot win the Republican nomination. He is pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun control, and pro-affirmative action. The only reason that he polls well right now is because many Republicans do not realize where he actually stands on the issues.